Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to forum

I am new to the forum ,hopefully this will a friendlier forum than the previous one I was on briefly. The problem in my opinion was that no one made any comments on posts that I put on ..........the exception being a fellow Australian . It was not a very encouraging start.

Morning Pasley, welcome aboard...you've certainly landed at a very friendly place.

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
    CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

Welcome to Holics Pasley. You will enjoy the friendliness and CC here - Good togs, of all levels here. What area do you hail from and where are you up to in you photography? What's your gear set up and what software do you use (if any)? Look forward to your contribution. This forum is a large family of like minded folk so join in and enjoy
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Welcome to the friendly forum yes been there done that I have been happy here and love the people so jump in and share your photos looking forward seeing them
        All Experts at anything were once beginners

MWAH Sandy

Comment

Hi Pasley.
          and welcome.

It would be great to know a little more about your photographic interests and photographic experience too.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
          Haven't been there, not done that.
          Jo

Comment

welcome Pasley
            cheers
            Rod
            Wacko-Ocker Photography

I shoot with a camera until I get paid to say other wise

www.wacko-ocker.smugmug.com

Comment

Hi Pasley, hard to get comment on 'that other forum'.. sometimes hard here too but don't let that put you off.

Make it known that you welcome comment or critique and don't take anything personally and you'll fit in fine.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the welcome , I feel at home already!

Comment

Welcome aboard Pasley,your amongst friends here,looking forward to seeing your pics,.
                  C+C,EDITS OK
                  I shoot a Canon 90D with a few bits of glass.

Comment

Welcome Pasley. We're a friendly group, looking forward to seeing your photos.

Comment

Can someone please assist...........I am logged in but when I go to new topic I have no means to ''write something '' once I have mastered that the next hurdle be to attach an image!

Comment

After clicking on 'New Topic' what happens?

It must have worked once for you to start this topic?
                        Last edited by Alan; 01-10-2014, 01:26 PM.
                        Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Welcome pasley.

When you click on "Create New Topic", this is what you should see:

By clicking on the A on the right of the menu bar, next to the smiley face, this opens up.

Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

G'day Pasley

Welcome aboard - you'll find us a wierd mob of happy photographers, more than a mob of camera owners if you see what I mean

Everyone here is pretty good at helping beginners with heaps of stuff from photo techniques to post processing etc
                            So - as soon as you've settled in, show us a couple of your recent images and we'll do our best to help you along

As Nikki [above] says ... "everyone was a beginner once"

Phil

Comment

I have come to the conclusion that I must be so dumb..............I can not post an image .
                              This is the procedure I am following............
                              Advanced Editor
                              Select Image by browsing files
                              select image and right click to edit
                              resize
                              save
                              open
                              send to server
                              Preview shows image and text but does not show on New Posts .................frustration is setting in !
                              No problems with posting images of five other forums !

Ready to call it a day and go to bed!

Comment

• sejac
                                sejac commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I'm with Alan. Resize beforehand. All of the "select image and right click to edit, resize, save, open" should not be happening. I'm not sure what you are opening before the "send to server" step either.

The steps should be:"Selct Image by browsing, open, send to server."

Now you should wait as the picture appears on the page. When it has fully loaded and you can see it, you can click "Preview" to check it out, and then when ready, click "Post."

Are you hitting "Post" before it has uploaded properly?
                            Working...
                            X