Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a bit slack but back now

Have been a member for a while - but became inactive when I retired in September 2013 taking more of an interest in 4x4 driving.

However, I can now include both of interests.

Some years ago my brother Rob, a well known and experienced photographer, embarked on a project to document ordinary and not so ordinary Australians at work. He has accumulated an incredible collection of images from Tasmania, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and New South Wales.

See: This Working Life

Rob has now committed to completing the project by gathering images from rural and remote Australia and has invited me to be part of the project. Later this month I will be undertaking a road trip with Rob taking in Victoria-South Australia-Northern Territory-Queensland and New South Wales over almost two months. We expect to travel 11,000+ kms.

We are departing Canberra on 29 April and should be back on 17 June - maybe.

I have developed a BLOG to record my aspect of the trip and my pic but will include some pics on here.
    Terry
    An Olympus E620 user

Good to see you back Terry. Just had a look through your brother's "This Working Life", some great shots and lots of variety. Enjoy your road trip and looking forward to seeing the photographs.

Comment

Enjoy....

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
      CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

Only 3 weeks to go. Much preparation of vehicle and camper taking place but also getting car charger for my E620, CF card reader for my iPad..
        Terry
        An Olympus E620 user

Comment

Hey Barkly,
          I remember you bought a new SUV type vehicle and a camper ... and then went off travelling.

Good to read you again ... btw we moved house a month ago, prior to that I slipped backwards and cracked the noggen and had 5 staples in the back of my head lol .. and just 3 days/3 nights ago Wilson our 13yo cat went missing but strolled through the front door this morning thank goodness as in the paper yesterday was a snake with a 16yo cat in its belly and the snake died as his eyes were too big for his belly and couldn't cope with the cat.

Like your bro's blog .. especially interesting is the tracker who walked 8 days and the cute little shack type building behind him.
          Anna
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladymilli/
          My stuff - 7D |100mm macro|Tamron 17-50mm|50mm 1.8|Sigma 50mm 1.4| stuff for macro

Comment

Working...
          X