Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New members

New members are always welcome here, and are encouraged to introduce themselves prior to posting.

Spam and attempts at advertising are not tolerated. The posts and member account will be deleted.
    Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Onya Charles, 100% behind you. Speaking of members, it would be great to send a message to all existing members to find out why they have not posted for ages. We only have a handful of members who are active and it's very disappointing to see for such a wonderful forum.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Thanks Isac. As you noticed yesterday, we had a character join up and immediately start posting spam rubbish.

Sending out a message to all existing members is possible. Unfortunately, there are a great number - easily the majority - who join up here and never post anything or indeed log-on again. When I have the time, I'll go through the books and come up with some numbers. It may also be a good idea to just delete those who have joined - say a year or more ago - and never posted or log-on again.
      Charles

Comment

I agree Charles that those who have not posted since joining should be deleted, that way giving you a more accurate membership list. Great work and keep it up.
        I Shoot A Canon

Comment

I'm new. Don't delete me.
          Sony A7rii
          https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you're safe Toddyh

I lurked on an OS Forum for a few years, learning and admiring, before I had the confidence to post my first photo.

More recently, on a Bird Forum, I also took ages to post anything.

Even commenting on images can be difficult, at first, for people just starting out.

However, certainly consider deleting those who never logged in again
          Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

i`m still here,just with working odd hours and other commitments,I haven`t taken my camera out for quite a while.I still look in from time to time though.
            C+C,EDITS OK
            I shoot a Canon 90D with a few bits of glass.

Comment

Two new members just activated. Let's see if they turn up!
              Charles

Comment

I hope they do and if so we should bombard them with posts showing that we welcome them with open arms.
                I Shoot A Canon

Comment

I sent a PM to sejac yesterday about this stuff, I wonder if Charles got it and or read it? no reply thus far
                  Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

I sent a PM to sejac yesterday about this stuff, I wonder if Charles got it and or read it? no reply thus far
                    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• sejac
                      sejac commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Stephen, I did read your PM, and I've looked back over some of your previous posts. I will get back to you a bit later this evening.

I would encourage others to look back at some of your work too, 'to see how it's done!"

Originally posted by Isac View Post
                    Onya Charles, 100% behind you. Speaking of members, it would be great to send a message to all existing members to find out why they have not posted for ages. We only have a handful of members who are active and it's very disappointing to see for such a wonderful forum.
                    Hi Issac
                    time and other interests, have been my biggest killer for not dropping by or posting,
                    I think I have taken more shoots with my phone than a camera.
                    cheers
                    Rod
                    Wacko-Ocker Photography

I shoot with a camera until I get paid to say other wise

www.wacko-ocker.smugmug.com

Comment

• Eden
                      Eden commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I hope I didn't offend you too much Rod, If I did I apologise.

work and life were not my friends this year but I have sorted that now and will retire early and life is my friend again.

Cheers Eden

• wacko-ocker
                      wacko-ocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Eden if you did I can not remember when etc
                      I have proberly offended more by my sharp comments

• Isac
                      Isac commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's great to have our old friends look in now and then, just to say hi - that's good enough for me. We can't always be here because other things in life are more important - like family, friends (including rellies), work, babysitting etc.
                  Working...
                  X