Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little bit about me

G'day all, just joined this forum after being told about it by one of your members, Ironwood.
    I got back in to photography about 5 years ago after the minister of finance approved the purchase of a Canon 7D. We had come into a small windfall so I had permission to go nuts.
    I purchased said 7D along with a Sigma 17-70 zoom, Tamron 70-200 zoom, 2 spare batteries, a Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod with a 498RC2 head and a 64G CF card.
    Since then I have added over the years a Sigma 10mm fisheye, Sigma 8-16 UWA zoom, Sigma 70-200 Zoom (Because it had image stabilising) with 2x converter, a Sigma 30mm prime, (I like Sigma lenses) a Speedlite 580EXII. I also have an Elinchrom Dlite 4 light setup.

I mostly enjoy streetscape and landscape photography, I'd like to get in to nature (bird) photography, but I don't have the patience. I really enjoy manipulating images to try and convey the sense of mood at the time of the shoot.
    My Gear

Great to have you on board Grumpy! You are going to fit in here just fine - I can tell. And it's not just because this place is populated by quite a few grumpy old blokes, as well as many fabulous females.

OK, it is the main reason, but who cares. Join in and have a good time.
    Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

G'day John. Welcome to the forum Mate. There are a great bunch of members here, I am sure you will like it.

John and I have known each other ( online ) for quite a number of years on the Australian WoodWork Forums.
      Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Welcome John.. we can all get a bit grumpy at times!

Comment

• Grumpy John
          Grumpy John commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not grumpy unless I get stuck behind a slow walker, a driver who doesn't indicate, someone who talks on their mobile while paying at a cash register.

Okay, I'm grumpy most of the time.

May I welcome you to the forum with open arms GJ. I await your posts with great anticipation. At least we share a common bond with a 7D and photo manipulation. Again, welcome and enjoy our family.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Goodaye John and welcome aboard. Being grumpy you'll fit right in here with me hahaha
          Lloyd
          Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
          Flickr
          Smugmug

Comment

Hi Grumpy .... welcome to the forum ..... looking forward to seeing your 'manipulations'
            Barb
            "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

Thanks for the kind works everyone, I think I'm gonna like it here.
              My Gear

Comment

Welcome to the forum and like your choice of Sigma lenses, I too, am a Sigma Fan because of their quality and have a few.
                A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

• Grumpy John
                  Grumpy John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love my 17-70, it's my "go to" lens. Earlier this year something happened internally and the zoom stopped working, the lens was 6 years old and as I said it copped a lot of use. I replaced it with the new "C" lens and I think this one is even better AND it was less than $500.
              Working...
              X