Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Sydney South

I have been looking for a forum similar to another I am on; with friendly, helpful members with a sense of humour - and I found this one! A retired bean counter who classifies himself as a happy snapper - keen, but with a lot to learn. I still have my original digital camera (and it still works!), a Sony Mavica with an SD card called a floppy disc. Moved on from that (there is a limit on how many floppies you can fit in your pocket) to a series of surprisingly good Kodak digitals, and now busy learning how to use a Nikon D7100 with its gazillion different settings. But having fun at the same time. And now I will see if I have read the directions properly (for once) and can post a pic.

Cheers, Gary H

100_3367b.JPG

Love the pic Garry and welcome. Didn't know digital cameras had floppy discs.. must have still been playing with film when that evolution happened!

Comment

Welcome to our happy home Gary! Feel free to post and CC. Your first image is a cracker so one would assume you have it fairly well worked out. You can post larger sized images if you wish (so us old farts can see them) - up to 1024 on the longest side and around the 250kb mark for weight. If you are linking direct from your computer you can select Fullsize as shown below.
      Posting-to-AP-Paper-Clip-Method.jpg
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Welcome aboard Gary. Good luck reading the instructions hahaha, if you are like me your eyes will start glazing over after a few pages. They are always good to refer back to though.. Are they black stripe wallabies?
        Lloyd
        Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
        Flickr
        Smugmug

Comment

Welcome Gary. Look forward to seeing some of your work.
          Sony A7rii
          https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Welcome. I once had a old digi that took floppies did,nt keep to long upgraded to a a canon G5, now I shoot with a canon D 60 at nearly 80 I expect to see it to the end . I like you post. Bill

Comment

Like Bill I shoot a D60 Canon. i think I will wear it out though. Welcome to this fiendly knowlegeable but slack group. had a wallaby crawl in the shade near the house and curl up and die a couple of days ago. I think it was heat stressed as I don't think anyone is spreading poison. Yours look very healthy and look as if they enjoyed posing for your photo.
              Better a full bottle in front of me
              than a full frontal lobotomy.
              Hans

Comment

Thanks to all for the welcome. Lloyd, I am no expert (on wildlife OR photography) but I think they were Red Necked wallabies. Too small for the Parma, and too far from home for the Black Striped, as they were on the coast about 200Km south of Sydney. For Greg C here is a shot of the old Sony and a photo taken with it for my son's business (this one's about 1/30th of 1Mb). They didn't talk megapixels in those days - in high quality I got a maximum 20 shots on a 1.44Mb floppy! Looking forward to enjoying the forum.

Cheers, Gary H

999 Gary Heather SIMPLICITY_1.JPG

MVC-011F (2)_1.JPG
                Last edited by Gary H; 25-02-2018, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• seaslug
                  seaslug commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great collectors item, I've got a bit of a museum myself, but mainly film cameras.
              Working...
              X