X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Light blur background

How do you blur out the background with out under exposing in low light conditions or in doors As I am just starting to learn about DOF I know using a small f/stop number to blur out the background but how can this still be archived without under exposing the shot and you don't have a white wall or roof to bounce the flash off the wall or roof
    All Experts at anything were once beginners

MWAH Sandy

Low Light blur background

How low light are we talking here?.. I'm not quite sure why your worried about under exposure

If you already have the aperture wide open( for background blur), the minimum shutter speed set to suit the particular lens being shot hand held and the ISO cranked as high as your camera can (and still produce usable images)... There's not much else,besides introduce more light (ie flash), you can do to prevent under exposure. Unless your subjects are static, then you can stick the camera on tripod and use as long a shutter speed as necessary to get the correct exposure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Thanks brown dog

MWAH Sandy

Comment

the longer the lens the more the blur effect will generally be.

point flash up....use a bit of card to "bounce" the light towards the subject. I have used my hand to bounce flash
        Cheers for now, IanB.
        Photos by Ian Browne on Facebook

Comment

this is an inclosed outdoor entertainment area and trying different angles of the flash this image for example I used f/3.5 ISO 800 ss 1/200 sec and my you beaut 105 when put up on my comp image's were still dark and no background blur I did get the background in one photo I took of Ivan but he was closer to the apart from Ivan been closer was the SS I used 1/80 should I have or would I have been better using the slower ss in all the photos ?

Dave with SS 1/200

D2 by Gerty7, on Flickr

Ivan SS 1/80

I by Gerty7, on Flickr

I don't even know why myself why or how come I changed the SS. But I did want to try out my 105 for these shoots as it was suggested to me to try using it for other things and not just Macro

MWAH Sandy

Comment

instead of blurring the back ground i would suggest you find/use and better/plainer b/g

the photo of Ivan looks blurry at this end. You need to focus on the eyes.

i would suggest you get into an area with more natural light and use the flash as fill only (about 1 to 2 stop under)

100mm on your camera is = the around 150 mm; that's tele photo length

the dof in a macro lens can be less than a normal lens of the same length.
            Cheers for now, IanB.
            Photos by Ian Browne on Facebook

Comment

These were fun shoots Ivan was not posing but would not keep still this area is our entertainment area this is where ill be taking a lot of photos mostly for our family album friends family visitors come I grab the camera I guess I could also use my point and shoot but always looking for opportunity to practice but thanks a lot Ian

MWAH Sandy

Comment

"visitors come I grab the camera"
                guess who won't be visiting you ever
                Jenne

My Gallery
                My Flickr Gallery

Comment

ROTFL Jenne Umm most likely no pho togs thats for sure hehe

MWAH Sandy