X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not all that embarrassing.

I am wondering how many people here ALWAYS carry their DSLR with them ?
    Do people carry a small point and shoot most of the time except when they are going to a location where they are planning on taking photos ?
    Do people only ever take a camera when they are planning on taking photos ?

I work as a pharmaceutical rep and spend most of the day driving around South West Brisbane, I also travel to country locations (Cairns, Mareeba, Atherton, Tully, Innisfail, Port Douglas, Mossman + Emerald, Rocky, Gladstone + regional areas outside these) I rarely take my DSLR as it is too big and bulky and I am supposed to be working not taking photos ... BUT ... the number of times I have driven around the country areas especially and wished I had my camera with me

SO I am wondering what people tend to do on a day to day basis with equipment ?

i work for a chemical company in brisbane so i am all over the city, motto - never leave home without it
    it goes with me everywhere

Comment

Yep, with me always....especially important if one is into birding, some of the best shots are done on the fly...so to speak

Comment

i get slack and use my iphone...and for doing some pp too
        O
        d7000, d90 + stuff

Comment

Nope...sits in the dehumidifying cabinet till needed.....................I am a real slacker.
          Mike

PS Carry a pocket rocket though.
          "Each of us has their own calling"

Comment

Mine stays in the cupboard most of the time. I generally take it with me when i am going somewhere but during the week i am only driving to and from work so nothing exciting, plus i can't take it into work as they have a no camera policy (bit ridiculous when everyone has a phone with a camera in it but that is another story) so it would have to stay in the boot of the car all day which i'm sure wouldn't be good for it.
            Adrian

Gear List

Comment

Mine usually lives in the boot of my car - and no, the heat does not affect it. I may not carry it on my person, but it is usually within an easy distance to get hold of if we are out. If we are walking around sightseeing in a new place I usually have it on my shoulder with the Black Rapid strap attached or in my shoulder bag.
              Lloyd
              Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
              Flickr
              Smugmug

Comment

Originally posted by LJG View Post
                Mine usually lives in the boot of my car - and no, the heat does not affect it.
                What about all the accessories like filters, batteries and remotes?
                Adrian

Gear List

Comment

IPhone is what I use on a day to day basis
                  {Kate}

Canon 5D MkII and lenses
                  iPhone4 - Hipstamatic App
                  Website & Blog
                  Challenges Blog
                  Flickr Stream

Comment

Originally posted by k8* View Post
                    IPhone is what I use on a day to day basis
                    How do you find the quality of the iPhone pictures ?

Comment

When I know im going to be in the office? nope.
                      When there is a chance of going out and about or im traveling for work then it comes with me everywhere. Whole kit in a backpack.

Comment

Originally posted by duckman View Post
                        When there is a chance of going out and about or im traveling for work then it comes with me everywhere. Whole kit in a backpack.
                        I have my kit in a backpack, but when I travel for work I have to take laptop and other things along with suitcase, I dont like to be one of those people (who everyone hates) getting on a flight with 6 bits of hand luggage taking up 3 overhead lockers
                        Still next time I hit Rocky / Gladstone I might take my kit.

Comment

I take my camera with me whenever going out fro a drive, but not to work or shopping, But I do have my trusty 12MP nokia 8 phone camera which takes a pretty good picture
                          Peter
                          Nikon D7000 + Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, 55 - 300mm, 18-105mm and 18-300mm , Tamron 90mm Macro, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 150-500mm, Vanguard Alta Pro 263 + 100 SBH Tripod kit Olympus TG4 compact

Comment

Originally posted by Tim N View Post
                            I have my kit in a backpack, but when I travel for work I have to take laptop and other things along with suitcase, I dont like to be one of those people (who everyone hates) getting on a flight with 6 bits of hand luggage taking up 3 overhead lockers
                            Still next time I hit Rocky / Gladstone I might take my kit.
                            Fly business and they let you have two bigger bags carry on
                            If not my backpack is big enough to slide a laptop in to so i ever have more than one piece of carry on which is the kit and my laptop, everything else (chargers, tripod + other work gear etc) get packed and checked in it was something that took some time to perfect.
                            Its important enough of a hobby to want to take advantage of the travel and places I go so i find a way, one that is easy enough to deal with when traveling for weeks on end.

Comment

Fly business and they let you have two bigger bags carry on
                              I am fairly sure what line the company would take if I suddenly started booking business class flights

Its important enough of a hobby to want to take advantage of the travel and places I go so i find a way, one that is easy enough to deal with when traveling for weeks on end.
                              An excellent point !!

Comment

My Fuji solved that problem now I carry two cameras most of the time, my phone and the Fuji.
                                I must go give my Nikon a hug or something I think it thinks I have divorced it.

Edit: I just realised that I actually carry three cameras most of the time. My iPad has one as well.
                                Last edited by K1W1; 11-01-2012, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Only bring my slr when I intend to use it. Otherwise I use my iPhone most of the time for "snaps". In daytime the results are not too bad and the HDR feature works quite well.

If I'm out for a big night I'll often bring my panasonic p&s. It takes surprisingly good party shots. (better than other p&s's I've seen

Comment

I take my 5D II with a 16-35 and my 7D with a 28-300 everywhere I go. I often have my 70-200 II with me as well. I lost count of the opportunities that I missed so they come with me everywhere now.

Comment

I take my 7d and 400mm and 100mm with me everywhere. To work. (which i unload it into the workshop) then load it back up again. if I go to coles (Which is less than 10m ins from home) i will take my camera.
                                      id rather have my camera than undies on me at all time. I feel naked without it.
                                      At the moment mine is being sent to canon and the estimated turn around is 3 weeks. I am going to die. or buy a 1d mark IV in the mean time.
                                      Its not paranoia if everyone is actually watching you
                                      MY Flickr
                                      Scotty's Place

Comment

I only take my camera out if I intend taking photos wherever I am going, otherwise I will use my phone.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
                                        Anna
                                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladymilli/
                                        My stuff - 7D |100mm macro|Tamron 17-50mm|50mm 1.8|Sigma 50mm 1.4| stuff for macro

Comment

Originally posted by Tim N View Post
                                          How do you find the quality of the iPhone pictures ?
                                          Tim, I have had the images Printed into coffee table books and also sell prints in my local homewares shop and they print eautifully!
                                          {Kate}

Canon 5D MkII and lenses
                                          iPhone4 - Hipstamatic App
                                          Website & Blog
                                          Challenges Blog
                                          Flickr Stream

Comment

I bought the canon G12 for my handbag and use my iPhone (ESP the hipstamatic app) for everyday stuff and only take the big fella out on a planned shoot. At home I usually have it close by just in case ......
                                            Life is short, smile while you still have teeth .....
                                            Art-ography

Comment

Working...
                                            X