X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing images on TV

Firstly treat me as totally technology challenged. I have a heap of processed jpeg images from our recent trip on a usb which I can't wait to force our 3 sons to sit through. I thought it would be a simple matter of plugging it into our blue ray player and they'd play on TV. Alas no. It doesn't want to recognise them. Does anyone know what else I have to do to them?

Is your TV Internet enabled?
    I just upload to Flickr then play a slide show on the TV from Flickr.

Comment

Originally posted by P Plates View Post
      Firstly treat me as totally technology challenged. I have a heap of processed jpeg images from our recent trip on a usb which I can't wait to force our 3 sons to sit through. I thought it would be a simple matter of plugging it into our blue ray player and they'd play on TV. Alas no. It doesn't want to recognise them. Does anyone know what else I have to do to them?
      We have an appleTV which is always synched to the iphoto library on our macbook, so just a matter of having the appletv hooked upto the TV and it does a wonderfull job of running either slide shows with music off your music library as background or just manually to flick through pics want to view

some tvs have usb slots to take a stick or a card reader slot to plug card straight into the tv. have used either options with tv before but can be a clunky way to view pics.

Comment

Originally posted by K1W1 View Post
        Is your TV Internet enabled?
        I just upload to Flickr then play a slide show on the TV from Flickr.
        I have no idea - might have to get the manual out.

Originally posted by :) al View Post
        We have an appleTV which is always synched to the iphoto library on our macbook, so just a matter of having the appletv hooked upto the TV and it does a wonderfull job of running either slide shows with music off your music library as background or just manually to flick through pics want to view

some tvs have usb slots to take a stick or a card reader slot to plug card straight into the tv. have used either options with tv before but can be a clunky way to view pics.
        Thanks al

Comment

Another option is a slide show program. One I have from years ago that I still use is aclled Memories on TV. You just dump all the pictures into the program. put them in the order you want and select what sort of transitions you want (or choose auto) and how long you want things to run, add any music and it burns the slideshow to a DVD that will just play in any DVD player complete with menus and all the other good stuff. I use it for end of year slideshows for sports teams to give to players.

Comment

G'day all

Oh goodness gracious you lot .....

Okay - so you've got your selected images on a USB stick - how about you pop them back onto a camera card

- connect camera to TV via cord with yellow & white connectors
            - [ btw ... this cord came with the camera ]
            - [one for video, t'other for sound - even if you don't have any sounds]
            - put camera into playback mode
            - press Menu > slideshow > OK

- sit back and watch images as they pass you by

Regards, Phil

Comment

so simple Phil
              Alan

Still trying to make the ordinary look extraordinary

D7000 | D90 | Coolpix S31 | iPhone 6s | Mac

Flickr

Comment

Working...