X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rename and rebrand for me!

I have rebranded and renamed my sideline photography business.

The whole website was built from scratch (including the logo) by my son. I have put a lot of thought and he has put a lot of time into the new look and feel of the site. To say I am delighted with the way it turned out is an understatement but it is always good to have fresh eyes.

Would you mind checking it out and letting me know if you find any anomalies, incorrect spellings etc?

http://curiousrabbit.com.au/

and if you are interested to know why I changed my business name - that is all covered here in this blog post

Cheers

{Kate}

Canon 5D MkII and lenses
    iPhone4 - Hipstamatic App
    Website & Blog
    Challenges Blog
    Flickr Stream

Love everything about the new site Kate.

Impressive. Simple and clean. Has that wonderful 'soft' feel that I see and admire so much in your work.

10/10 from me.

(And I'm not just being nice. Because it's a business site I was prepared to be brutal and blunt)

Good work.
    Last edited by loose cannon; 11-02-2013, 02:19 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Thank you Mick! I appreciate that you took the time to look here, at the site AND to comment. Thank you too for your words of encouragement!
      {Kate}

Canon 5D MkII and lenses
      Website & Blog
      Challenges Blog
      Flickr Stream

Comment

Agree with Mick - also love Curious Rabbitt - very Beatrix Potter.
        Terry
        An Olympus E620 user

Comment

Looks like a nice professional Business front to me. Simple, but attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by inapickle View Post
            Looks like a nice professional Business front to me. Simple, but attractive.
            Thanks - was after simple, attractive, easy to use, soft, vintage feel - no flash. I am particularly thrilled with my scrolling galleries - very fun!
            {Kate}

Canon 5D MkII and lenses
            Website & Blog
            Challenges Blog
            Flickr Stream

Comment

Looks good k8. The galleries scroll a bit slow on the iPad. I am not sure why you can do about that. It resizes nicely. Well done!

Cheers

Shane
              My website
              Facebook

Comment

Hi there Kate - great work with the re-branding, I think it definitely suits your style. Now you know how I love my negative space, but it doesn't really work for me on the website home page, particularly on my 2560x1440 monitor, it gives me a sense of emptiness. I love the scrolling galleries, very nice touch - while the "wallpaper" shots work well on the website galleries, they kind of look a bit out of place on the mobile site.
                I can see the passion in your work for sure....but I can't see you, people want to connect with you as much as they do your work so have a think about that. On a cheeky note, your prices are way too cheap for the quality of work you produce, don't undersell yourself Kate
                Cheers
                Darren
                website

Comment

Originally posted by fotoflick View Post
                  Hi there Kate - great work with the re-branding, I think it definitely suits your style. Now you know how I love my negative space, but it doesn't really work for me on the website home page, particularly on my 2560x1440 monitor, it gives me a sense of emptiness. I love the scrolling galleries, very nice touch - while the "wallpaper" shots work well on the website galleries, they kind of look a bit out of place on the mobile site.
                  I can see the passion in your work for sure....but I can't see you, people want to connect with you as much as they do your work so have a think about that. On a cheeky note, your prices are way too cheap for the quality of work you produce, don't undersell yourself Kate
                  Darren - you make extremely valid points in all cases here! I also have a large monitor and that large area bugs me a little - however, not enough to change it at this stage. My web designer swears black and blue that while most people have large monitors now, they normally have more than one window at a time so in general the homepage is smaller - not for me but I thought it was because I am an old fuddy duddy!

I decided to insert the old wallpaper in the gallery as it was too much in a row - I then looked at it on the iphone and ipad and came to the same conclusion as you. I have been thinking about it and one solution is to have some clever, witty words on the wallpaper images? I am not sure.

What do you mean you can't see me? An image of me?

As to prices - I know they are cheapish however - I can barely get any work WITH those prices - although I do have a wedding in Sydney next month. Everyone wants something for nothing!
                  {Kate}

Canon 5D MkII and lenses
                  Website & Blog
                  Challenges Blog
                  Flickr Stream

Comment

Originally posted by k8* View Post
                    What do you mean you can't see me? An image of me?
                    As to prices - I know they are cheapish however - I can barely get any work WITH those prices - although I do have a wedding in Sydney next month. Everyone wants something for nothing!
                    That's right - celebrate who you are along with your art, the world deserves to know who you are. I understand what you are saying with regard to your pricing, however it will be harder to break your current pricing mould, than it is to build the appropriate audience that value what you do.
                    As an example we now offer a full consult service whereby we go to their home prior to the session and photograph the walls where they might be wanting to hang some pieces, we then show them at the "buying consultation" what individual pieces will look like up on their wall matted and framed using software called Proselect. While the software may seem expensive, we made it back 3 fold (300% increase in average sale) in the first consult with the new software, we thought maybe it was a fluke but the next session yielded closer to 400% our average sale, and there was no awkward sell and the clients were thankful for the extra service they were receiving.

Funny thing Kate but we sold fewer pieces than when we weren't using the software and there was no haggling, the clients were getting exactly what they wanted because they could see it. Quite often people will settle for what's on offer rather than get what they really want because they lack the vision of the final product.

You are a brilliant artist Kate, and there is a willing market just waiting for you, you just need to define your market and go chase it
                    Cheers
                    Darren
                    website

Comment

Originally posted by plusnq View Post
                      Looks good k8. The galleries scroll a bit slow on the iPad. I am not sure why you can do about that. It resizes nicely. Well done!

Cheers

Shane
                      Thanks Shane - he worked hard on the resizing thingy for mobile devices. He was happy with the way that worked out. As for the slow scrolling - I tested it again after you mentioned it as it wasn't doing that a week or so ago so he is going to 'look at that issue' so thank you!
                      {Kate}

Canon 5D MkII and lenses
                      Website & Blog
                      Challenges Blog
                      Flickr Stream

Comment

I agree with Darren, Kate. Now is the time to hike those prices to a sustainable level and attract a different clientele. Marketing is a big part of small business. You have your own style and a rebrand, so now is the time for a price rise and a big push with marketing.

Cheers

Shane
                        Last edited by plusnq; 12-02-2013, 06:28 PM.
                        My website
                        Facebook

Comment

wo I only just came across this. wow indeed kate, what a lovely website and such lovely pics. love it ! well done and wish you all the best in the venture and rebranding

Comment

Website aside, I really enjoyed looking at your work Kate
                            Richie
                            www.richardgrainger.com.au | Facebook Page | Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by :) al View Post
                              wo I only just came across this. wow indeed kate, what a lovely website and such lovely pics. love it ! well done and wish you all the best in the venture and rebranding
                              Thanks so much!
                              {Kate}

Canon 5D MkII and lenses
                              Website & Blog
                              Challenges Blog
                              Flickr Stream

Comment

Originally posted by plusnq View Post
                                I agree with Darren, Kate. Now is the time to hike those prices to a sustainable level and attract a different clientele. Marketing is a big part of small business. You have your own style and a rebrand, so now is the time for a price rise and a big push with marketing.

Cheers

Shane
                                I know I should but as I said - can't get work with those prices Shane!
                                {Kate}

Canon 5D MkII and lenses
                                Website & Blog
                                Challenges Blog
                                Flickr Stream

Comment

Originally posted by wilorichie View Post
                                  Website aside, I really enjoyed looking at your work Kate
                                  Hey Richie - thanks about enjoying looking at my work! Do you not like the site?
                                  {Kate}

Canon 5D MkII and lenses
                                  Website & Blog
                                  Challenges Blog
                                  Flickr Stream

Comment

Originally posted by k8* View Post
                                    Hey Richie - thanks about enjoying looking at my work! Do you not like the site?
                                    No worries mate, well deserved. I love your taste in art

To be honest, I find the site alright. If it is to your taste, then it's perfect.

I've made literally hundreds of websites and I hate many of them. But, if the owner of the site loves it, then that is how it has to be.

One thing, which I would highly recommend changing, would be the side scrolling portfolio. I have had so many clients (while I was heavily in the corporate web development world) tell me they want their website to be different and unique. In reality, probably only 0.5% of the time being different is actually beneficial, otherwise it simply turns your potential clients away. If your site isn't able to be worked out in literally seconds, people won't bother. You don't want to make the most important part of your site hard to work out. People hate change.

If you would like me to expand on the above or other issues, please feel free to PM me. I would prefer to give my thoughts on your site directly to you rather than publicly being business related and all.
                                    Richie
                                    www.richardgrainger.com.au | Facebook Page | Flickr

Comment

Looks good Kate.
                                      It's the little things!

Cheers, Greg C.

Comment

Keep the name. I like it. It's different.

Comment

Working...
                                        X