Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corporate head shot quote

Hi guys,
    Hopeing someone can help me out urgently, I've been asked to provide a quote to do corporate head shots for a company to use on their key cards. The company has around 400 employees. I dont have the slightest idea what a ballpark figure is to quote them on. Im definitely going to quote price per head and not per hour. That much I do know, In my head I have around a $8-10 per head figure, but a couple of people I've talked to think I can charge somewhere around $30 per head. To be honest I can t see a business forking out $12k just for head shots for a keycard though!
    If anyone has had any experience with this kind of gig I'd appreciate any help I can get!

I suppose it would depend on how you are going to do it, if you can set up the lighting etc, and just have all 400 walk through like a production line the cost per head is going to be relatively small. If you have to visit each person individually in their office, then obviously the cost will escalate.

Comment

Originally posted by TuonoV2 View Post
      I suppose it would depend on how you are going to do it, if you can set up the lighting etc, and just have all 400 walk through like a production line the cost per head is going to be relatively small. If you have to visit each person individually in their office, then obviously the cost will escalate.
      Good point here

Comment

Personally, i think $30 is ridiculous.
        It will depend on the a lot of variables. Can you get through everyone in 2 x 8 hour days or will it take a week. What about the people that are away on the days you are shooting? Is it in their venue or will you have to hire a separate office? Is there parking close by so you can get your gear easily? Will you need an assistant?

The processing will be easy if you have consistent lighting (if using speedlites you may get slightly different lighting as the batteries die). Edit it in lightroom and copy/paste the settings across the whole lot, will take you longer to export them than do the actual editing.

It will be long and tedious days of photographing but you will need hardly any editing time. Take multiple photos of each person to ensure you have at least one with their eyes open
        Adrian

Gear List

Comment

Go on time... much easier to calculate.
          Simon
          Olympus OM-D, Oly 14-42mm f3.5-5.6, Leica Summilux 25mm f1.4
          Flickr - Your Melbourne Family Portrait Photographer

Comment

All good advice. i would bill on time as well. Make sure to include PP and being stuffed about time.

Cheers

Shane
            My website
            Facebook

Comment

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys, much appreciated! Have sent off the quote so now just have to sit back and see if they go with it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pwa25 View Post
                Hi guys,
                Hopeing someone can help me out urgently, I've been asked to provide a quote to do corporate head shots for a company to use on their key cards. The company has around 400 employees. I dont have the slightest idea what a ballpark figure is to quote them on. Im definitely going to quote price per head and not per hour. That much I do know, In my head I have around a $8-10 per head figure, but a couple of people I've talked to think I can charge somewhere around $30 per head. To be honest I can t see a business forking out $12k just for head shots for a keycard though!
                If anyone has had any experience with this kind of gig I'd appreciate any help I can get!
                sounds very much like (good) mug shots required IMO and not company portraits for wall. One studio light/brolly/softbox over your shoulder and marks on the floor for their feet. A blue/grey b/ground would be best IMO. Stay away from white if possible. Take three photos of each and YOU pick the best! Jpg will be OK and you will not need the highest quality

you really need to find out what they expect and will the images be used for other purposes like portraits on the wall or large on the web site. You need to see some actual images they expect to get

I would quote megga $$ so I didn't have to do it The thought of explaining to 400 mugs how to stand/sit and turn one shoulder towards camera and not to stand against the b/drop would drive me nuts. And many will carry on like bloody kids at their first organized photo session at preschool. If a chair or stool is placed a right angle for the best photo most mugs will move it before they sit down Yep; most people move a chair/stool for no reason before sitting on it . BTW a (high) stool is better than a chair so you don't have to bent down. A swivel stool with a back is best so they lean (one arm) on the back ​ A stool is better than standing as that balance out the face height

WT# does this mean "There is a serious error and the page cannot be rendered" and everything disappeared.
                If there was not such a good "save" function on the forum it would it certainly be the end of it for me!

As I was saying: ........ there is not much to por Stuff it! Now I can't go back a correct my bad typing . !
                Cheers for now, IanB.
                Photos by Ian Browne on Facebook

Comment

Be interested in hearing the outcome of your quote...it's a tricky one. When you consider you can go to the post office and have a passport photo done for $15.00 or less, and some places charge even less makes you really wonder how much to charge.....at the same time a company wealthy enough to employ 400 may not consider a few thousand dollars excessive, and 100% tax deductible anyway

Comment

Working...
                  X