X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling your images

I'm revamping my Red Bubble account but just came across https://www.bigcartel.com/ when looking at some accounts at Tumblr. Has anyone else used this? And what are your thoughts?
    Kathie M Thomas,
    I'm a Nikon girl
    Web Flickr

I don't have any on-line sales presence, sorry.

Guess you could try it for awhile and see what happens. You can "Upgrade, downgrade or cancel anytime"

Is your Red Bubble working well?
    Alan

Still trying to make the ordinary look extraordinary

D7000 | D90 | Coolpix S31 | iPhone 6s | Mac

Flickr

Comment

I have tried a few with no success
      http://pauldoh2.wix.com/paulsphoto
      ​Nikon D610, Nikor 50mm prime, Tamron 25-75mm. tamron 70-300mm.

Comment

Hi, guys! I am helping my friend with selling photos. Did someone try to sell photos to stock websites?

Comment

Hello once more may I ask did someone tried platforms that offer CC0 images. something like pixabay or smth similar? any feedback?

Comment

I recently sold an image via RedBubble. I get the occasional sale there. I have actually set up a stock library of my own via fotomerchant - set it up last year, and have sold images from there. I've also sold via direct approaches - two images to an insurance company for their glass walls (they approached me), and a gardening magazine have printed a couple of my images (I approached them). I've recently been approached by a magazine editor to accompany her on a field trip in my area very soon. She's doing an article on nature photography for the newbies. I have two photography sites. One called Dandenong Ranges Photography and the other GardenImagery. I've worked at keywording and promotions - but don't do near as much as I should. I expect if I was marketing all the time I'd pick up more work and sell more images.
            Kathie M Thomas,
            I'm a Nikon girl
            Web Flickr

Comment

I received this message recently. I don't think that I will participate but may be another channel for you.
              "hansenklaar, you are one of the few hand-picked members selected to participate in a special collaboration between ViewBug and Adobe Stock!

Win a brand new iPhone X, a DJI Mavic Drone and sell your photos to the World's largest creative community. "
              Better a full bottle in front of me
              than a full frontal lobotomy.
              Hans

Comment

cant help you. no one wants any of my pix.
                Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Originally posted by irene2 View Post
                  Hi, guys! I am helping my friend with selling photos. Did someone try to sell photos to stock websites?

I have sold images via stock photo sites but the problem with that is, you only get a dollar or two per image and then can't sell the same images for a higher amount elsewhere. I registered with Photographers Direct (I think it's called that) and they didn't want you having images at stock sites, so I closed my accounts down. Mind you, I've still not sold any images via their site but have sold via my own since.
                  Kathie M Thomas,
                  I'm a Nikon girl
                  Web Flickr

Comment

I had a site on Fotomerchant for a number of years and did very well from it. Despite appearances its actually a Sydney based company so support is easy and in those days was only a phone call away. The things I liked about it were the ability for customers to buy prints (which would be delivered direct from a print partner) or digital versions of images and my ability as the site owner to set whatever prices I wanted based on knowing exactly what the costs were. When I photographed an event I could follow up with the organisers or participants offering a "get in quick" discount voucher if I wanted to help speed sales uptake. Displayed images are watermarked so they can't be stolen except by somebody taking a shot of the screen with a camera.
                    Overall I was very happy with what I could do there but I do stress that I have not operated the site for a couple of years now. My focus has moved away from selling photos.
                    Strange as it may seem I also get at least a couple of inquiries a year through my Flickr site from people who want to buy images that they have seen there. No real income but at least it pays the cost of maintaining the Flickr pro subscription.
                    Like most of us I guess I have also been approached by Getty media and passed their selection criteria to post on their stock site but when you actually read the T's and C's I doubt anybody would want to sign their life away to them.
                    Build your own photography website, portfolio and online store and sell photos online. Stunning photography website templates and more...

Comment

Originally posted by K1W1 View Post
                      I had a site on Fotomerchant for a number of years and did very well from it. Despite appearances its actually a Sydney based company so support is easy and in those days was only a phone call away. The things I liked about it were the ability for customers to buy prints (which would be delivered direct from a print partner) or digital versions of images and my ability as the site owner to set whatever prices I wanted based on knowing exactly what the costs were. When I photographed an event I could follow up with the organisers or participants offering a "get in quick" discount voucher if I wanted to help speed sales uptake. Displayed images are watermarked so they can't be stolen except by somebody taking a shot of the screen with a camera.
                      Overall I was very happy with what I could do there but I do stress that I have not operated the site for a couple of years now. My focus has moved away from selling photos.
                      Strange as it may seem I also get at least a couple of inquiries a year through my Flickr site from people who want to buy images that they have seen there. No real income but at least it pays the cost of maintaining the Flickr pro subscription.
                      Like most of us I guess I have also been approached by Getty media and passed their selection criteria to post on their stock site but when you actually read the T's and C's I doubt anybody would want to sign their life away to them.

Thanks for your comment. Very interesting to read. Fotomerchant is still good to deal with and I chose them because they are in Australia. I have sold a few images - not a lot yet but then I've not done much promotion and I don't do events as you've done. Like you, though, I have had enquiries from Flickr and have sold images from there, as well as from my own WordPress built website. I usually direct them to my fotomerchant site and upload the image, if it's not already there, for them to purchase direct. The latest enquiry was from the 'Friends' of a botanical park in Moorabbin, Vic who wanted to use one of my photos for their brochures. They'd found the image online and it was exactly what they were looking for. Good thing I had the photo tagged with the name of the park.
                      Kathie M Thomas,
                      I'm a Nikon girl
                      Web Flickr

Comment

Oh cool, thanks for the suggestions everyone! Btw, I found several more options worth checking out in the meantime with regards to image databases. There are actually way more than I thought! :O In the end, my friend decided to use the Public Domain Pictures platform, which sounds like a pretty good choice

Comment

Working...
                        X