Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musical Moon

Saw something similar on G+ and thought I'd give it a try.

Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

I like the effect Alan but you might have to explain the title.. I don't get it... Maybe it's because I don't know much about music apart from what I like and what I don't!

Comment

• seaslug
      seaslug commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I just got the guitar shape.. I'm a bit slow!

Well done Greg, thanks - but judging by the response, you are not alone, and faster than most - ah well - back to the drawing board. (Yes, I was going to call it Guitar Moon initially, but I thought that would have been too obvious)

Created only with PS brushes and Flood Filter

Cheers
    Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

I love the result, very impressive and I'd have no idea where to even start constructing an image like this. Like Greg I didn't get the musical title either but can see it now. Probably as I'm a pianist not a guitarist - did try guitar for a while but not a fan of the pain you have to go through to build up the callouses on the fingers pressing the strings to the fretboard.

Comment

Thanks Gabby.

Open new Doc and fill with blue.
        Moon is a white dot with the Pencil
        Draw a black line across the frame through the middle of the 'moon'
        Trees are only two 'brushes' I found on the web (black} (One is not limited to the brushes that PS comes with. You can download new, free ones or create your own). The small trees on the right are just clones of bits of the LHS ones
        The grass is also just 3 brushes I found. Smudge the bank a bit to soften the harsh line. Put a few darker tones in the 'moon'.
        Dodge the midtones above the horizon and burn the midtones at the top of frame. Add some stars optional.

Use rectangular marque to select the top half of the pic across the middle of the bank. Copy and flip and adjust position to suit.
        Darken that flipped selection slightly. Flatten.
        You can stop there, however I used a 'Flood' Filter from Flaming Pear to add the ripples. A careful use of the smudge tool may produce something similar?

Cheers

Last edited by Alan; 02-10-2014, 02:45 PM.
        Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

• P Plates
          P Plates commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Alan. Not sure whether I'd have the patience - remember with my PP skills it would probably take me 3x or more what it took you. Will bookmark it for a rainy day project
      Working...
      X