Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magazines

It seems there's a leaning towards magazines lately form a very talented bunch of members. I too really love doing these magazine covers and clients always get a buzz out of them. I usually do them for most clients and often frame them and offer them as a gift as a tank you for their support. The names have been changed to protect the innocent
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Magazine-Ryan.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	431838

Name:	Magazine-Sarah.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	431840

Name:	Magazine-Bree.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	431839
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Oh wow Isac ..... these are way out of my league. Well done indeed
    Barb
    "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

Great work Greg

Yet another string to your bow. I also used to design Wine Labels for the local wineries, (and birthday gifts for friends) - that was fun too
      Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Well I can see why they are a lot of fun and very popular.
        Your models and photography are indeed all cover worthy too!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
        Haven't been there, not done that.
        Jo

Comment

You 3 are too kind. Barb, it's not that hard to do. Photo on the base layer and lots of different text layers with various fonts and effects and I really think you are more than capable. With your great imagination and skill You'll get the hang of it in no time. I know you want to have a crack at it!! I have never had any negative feedback from clients, only wows.
          I Shoot A Canon

Comment

• Sully
            Sully commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds easy when you put it like that Isac

I definitely want to have a crack at this ..... not as simple as just producing an image ...... it involves finding a suitable image, coming up with a name, suitable blurb and digging through the myriad of fonts available .... plus presentation. Can I find the required number of grey cells to put it all together ... time will tell

Very clever! Bit beyond my processing skills.

Comment

That looks like fun and I can see how that would wow some people. I must see if I can find some time to give this a go. Learn a bit more. Must admit to having a lot of trouble with Layers. Not the concept so much as the different sorts their preconditions and when and how they work together.
            Better a full bottle in front of me
            than a full frontal lobotomy.
            Hans

Comment

Thanks Greg and HansE. Layers are not difficult at all and there is no mystery or tricks to using them. A layer can contain any object - mainly text and images. You can move layers forward or backward to get the effect you're after. Try it and as soon as you do, you'll be asking "why haven't I done this before?"
              I Shoot A Canon

Comment

Working...
              X