Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready and waiting

One part of me likes this .... another part doesn't (but I can't put my finger on why) ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161020-P1510779-1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	433924
    Barb
    "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

The idea is good and so is the processing. but I think it's just a bit too offset to the left. (That's the mechanic in me talking ..not the artist)

Comment

G'day mate

Apart from the fact that they're a pair of bolts - I'd say that you're a bit screwy

I'm not sure how you've done the arty mods to the bolt in the foreground, but it looks quite spunky
      Also the background comes in quite nice too ... so I presume that it's the 2nd bolt that looks 'funny' ??

7/10 for me
      Phil

Comment

I'm always impressed with your processing skills Barb, but maybe in this instance, less is more....

Possibly you are trying too hard here - simplify - and concentrate on the elements in the image that attracted you to it?

.. or not - I love to keep playing with stuff too

just as long you are having fun and sharing your experiments with us is ok with me

Name:	Screw Loose edit.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	433937

Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Thanks guys

This is the original .... it was edited in Perfect Effects 9 > dark grunge texture > pinline border added to shadows ...... from there it went to PSE 15 > Glowing edges > pin light blend mode

Name:	P1510779.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	433944

I have looked at it for so long now .... all I seem to focus on is the 'face' behind the second bolt
          Last edited by Sully; 21-10-2016, 12:28 PM.
          Barb
          "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

I like the original although I'm not too keen on the inner frame lines.
            Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

I like Alan's interpretation. Should it have the title "Ready to be screwed?"
              Better a full bottle in front of me
              than a full frontal lobotomy.
              Hans

Comment

Working...
              X