Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie

Grandson Charlie is due to have his cleft lip operation in 2 weeks time (was supposed to be yesterday, but a more urgent case was done instead). We will find it very strange, for a while, to adjust to his changed face after the op. The bear comes from Cleft Connect ... an organisation that helps cleft families.
    This is his mom's phone photo ... edited by my finger tips. He is not the 'light blue/baby blue' clothing kind of kid ... his dad is heavily tattooed ... so I had no difficulty in doing a darker 'scrapbook' page edit on him.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161024-charlie.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	434112
    Barb
    "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

I hope all goes well with the op Barb. I don't think I've ever seen anybody with one prior to repair. Good work on the image and a nice photo to start with.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Thanks very much Alan
      I had never encountered a cleft prior to operation either (my uncle had a 'repaired' cleft - not that we, as kids, knew what it was about). We found out about the cleft at the 20 week ultrasound so had plenty of time to familiarise ourselves about the condition.
      He is now 4 months old .... will have his palate repaired before he is 12 months.
      Barb
      "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

Working...
      X