A slightly less cooked version...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6198_HDR_1-wm.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	440130
    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

I like both Brad, but I think the first is so dramatic. Really like it. Would have never thought a smoke stack could look that cool.
      Sony A7rii
      https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Cheers Todd. I rarely do HDR's, and never take them to this extreme when I do, but this time I was trying to give it that extreme dramatic look, like a dirty factory pumping more pollution into an already polluted atmosphere. ( The Sugar Mill / Distillery isn't a bad polluter ,they say whats coming out of the stacks is mostly steam, and the sky here is filled with rainclouds at the moment )

I had someone on another forum tell me that I took the first one too far, that's why I did the 2nd version which they approved of .

In this case, I still prefer the first version, because that is the look I was trying to achieve with this exercise.
        Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Both good Ironwood. Oh that rhymes. Would also look good in B&W, but that's just me.
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Thanks Isac, your a poet and you didn't know it
            B&W it is then.

I use Nik Silver Efex for my B&W conversions, never noticed this happening before, the first version is the neutral preset, which is OK, the 2nd one is using the Wet Rocks preset, it has put a white halo around everything, you can notice it most on the top of the RH smokestack. The halo effect was evident on all of the more extreme presets.
            EDIT- OK viewing at these small file sizes its not so evident, but at full size its quite noticeable.

Name:	DSC_6198- neutral.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	440159

Name:	DSC_6198- wet rocks.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	213.7 KB
ID:	440160
            Cheers, Brad.

Comment

• Isac
              Isac commented
              Editing a comment
              Good work Ironwood. I like the B&W treatment. Looks a bit eerie but that's a good thing.

Like the HDR treatment. Do you know what they burn in the distillation process?

Comment

Cheers Greg. They burn Bagasse, which is a byproduct from the sugarcane, it's the fibrous waste left after they extract the juice from the cane , they stockpile it during the cane crushing season and use it for the distillery as they need it.
              Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Bob Brown will be pleased!
                A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

Originally posted by eaglem View Post
                  Bob Brown will be pleased!
                  It might take his mind off Adani for a while
                  Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Working...
                  X