Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Flat

Somewhere - everywhere out there. Leave Van Park early.............................find rest stop for morning tea..............................cattle........... ........................road house/diesel/queue............................................. ................smashed car on road side.............................................. .........try to pass slow caravans.......................................... .....ROADTRAIN!!.................................. ...........cattle................................. ........another dead car............................................... ............................................goats. .................................................. .................................................. ........birds eating road kill in middle of road - horn, Horn HORN!! WT Eagle just misses windscreen - clam down.......................................another rest stop - no toilet paper (again)........................................... .more slow vans in convoy................................another overturned car............................................... .......goats...................................... ..........................roadkil!!! ......................repeat for 7hrs. Find somewhere to stay with everyone else.

Do it again the next day, and the next.............................

Maybe I should have flown

I have no idea how the Road Train Drivers do this regularly AT NIGHT

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flat and Long  B&W frameless PH.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	441985
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Me neither Alan. My 2 sons have driven the east west in B-Doubles for many years. They are a rare breed indeed. I like the B&W treatment - pretty cool.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Ah I love it. Long distance driving and me get on really well. Always have. Especially if it's all new. But I rarely stop where everyone else stays. I have no problem heading a couple of km into the scrub.
      Sony A7rii
      https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Thanks Todd. I used to love long distance travel too. Getting old and stiff now.

I wasn't going to head into the bush with my van looking for a night spot and some of the Rest Stops/Roadhouses left a bit to be desired.
        Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Yeah rest stops are almost always horrible. I find the back of a pub usually seems to be the better option for a roadside stop with facilities.
          Sony A7rii
          https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

You are collecting great memories. No doubt stories as well, as you meet people on the road. Like the B&W treatment of this. I did the trip on a bike. To aid with battling boredom it was interesting to watch the flies trying to hang on to the remains of their buddies on the screen after a pit stop. Some hung on for miles.
            Better a full bottle in front of me
            than a full frontal lobotomy.
            Hans

Comment

Working...
            X