No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Egret

Don't you love trying to expose white feathers well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6912.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	390978

Name:	IMG_6943.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	390979

Name:	IMG_6938.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	390980

#2 for me Mark. Detail in the feathers is great. The coot and Pacific add a little perspective as well.
    3200th at f:9 is a great way to get detail. Well done. The sun (mid afternoon) did no favours in #1 but all good images.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

#2 and #3 are rippers!

Comment

the light wasnt kind to you in the first shot. the shadows suggest that the light was too high in the sky for this,
        exposing the whites on bright guys like this is made even tougher if the light isnt behind you because you get light hitting some parts of the white feathers and not others.
        so if you expose for the bits facing the camera, the bits getting the light are blown.

2nd shot is the best of these and the over the shoulder look shows off the breeding plumage to best effect
        Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

#2 is beautiful Mark. I love the delicate breeding plumage and great eye contact. Lovely detail in the BIF shot - my eyes are turning green. In #1 I like the light shining through the delicate feathers and his beak, but it's a pity about the blown out areas.

Comment

Thank you all for the comments.

Comment

Working...
            X