No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pale Headed Lorikeet

After about 5 years of trying,I finally managed to get some reasonable shots of these very flighty birds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pale Headed Lorikeet 1 copy.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	403113

Name:	Pale Headed Lorikeet 2 copy.jpg
Views:	746
Size:	247.6 KB
ID:	403114

Name:	Pale Headed Lorikeet 3 copy.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	403115

Looks like he might have been attacked by something,could explain why I was able to get much closer than normal.
    C+C,EDITS OK
    I shoot a Canon 90D with a few bits of glass.

These 'Rosellas' are quite shy - I have a very few average photos of them. So congrats on succeeding after a five year quest

I believe the red feathers around the head are usually the result of a bit of inter-breeding with the Eastern Rosella.

Shame about the vegetation in front of the bird - but you get that.
    Last edited by Alan; 04-02-2015, 03:04 PM.
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

• kevinj
      kevinj commented
      Editing a comment
      I stand corrected,they are,of course,Pale Headed Rosellas,

Well done Kevin, not only shy but fly away at the speed of light also. I've often seen them flying up into the trees when driving along country roads. Of course as soon as I stop they just fly further away.

These are nice shots and I particularly like #2 where the bird is looking at you. Beautiful colours!

Comment

Good catches Kevin, they are very similar to the Green Rosellas we get down here.

Comment

Is this the picture you made? Excellent!​ And I'm wondering, do you use photoshop? I just started to study this program, I really liked these freebies http://fixthephoto.com/free-photoshop-brushes
        Last edited by RuthCrawford; 16-05-2018, 03:41 AM.

Comment

• kevinj
          kevinj commented
          Editing a comment
          I took these pics about 3 years ago,I use photoshop sparingly,just Sharpen,adjust contrast and highlights.

G'day Kevin

Yes mate - I reckon they're 'keepers' ... and you can add them to your bird library too
        Editing wise - I agree that "less is more" and that careful specific editing "when needed" will compliment your image ... rather than the apparently overdone stuff one sees on Fb.

Q- have you tried to clone out any twigs / leaves? ... did it work?
        Phil

Comment

Very nice Kevin. I bet you felt a great deal of satisfaction after such a long wait to finally get the shots. Well done mate.
          Lloyd
          Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
          Flickr
          Smugmug

Comment

Working...
          X