No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backlit swans

went to visit some nesting black swans I found last week, you cannot get an angle on them with front light, the best you can do is hope for overcast and that does work well
    but not really to be today. mind you there was a little opportunity after the sun went behind trees etc,
    but this was the first shot I took, was interested in what it might look like down the barrel of the sun.
    I was surprised but I love this one. the rim light makes it imho. wonder what other think, not having light one the swans adults head etc,

d4 200-500 f5.6 @380mm 1/2500 f8 iso 1600 full frame @ 380mm

one more after the sun went behind trees. you can seem mum on the nest thru the brush stuff and dad is about to herd the brood into the nest

d4 200-500 f5.6 @ 250mm 1/125 f8 iso 1600 full frame
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

IMHO the first one works so well because of the white chicks (chicks ? ). If they were black like the parents, I don't think it would have the same impact. Great shot.
    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

The first shot has a lot of impact. But you soon have enough. The next shot is such a relaxed shot you could keep looking at and return to. It is my favorite.
      Better a full bottle in front of me
      than a full frontal lobotomy.
      Hans

Comment

I like the first one. It's different and dramatic. It would have been even better with some of the rim light on the second adult head, but nothings perfect. Second is good too, but looks a little flat to me, but perhaps it's just in comparison to the first.
        Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Both good shots avkomp. 2nd I prefer. I waited for our pair of black swans to show off the new cygnets but a storm put that beyond reality by destroying the nest and they haven't been seen since. Pretty sad but they will return I'm sure.
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

I prefer one. IMHO the cygnets are the main draw card and the parents second importance in subject matter, so it's not so important that they draw the eye equally. The rimming adds a nice sense of drama. The image also has the birds facing in a forward or side position and is not too busy however, I would be tempted to dull down the algae in front as I find it a little distracting.
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
            Haven't been there, not done that.
            Jo

Comment

Working...
            X