No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coot family

never seen a coot chick before so quite excited to see 4 today. bummer about the light when they were close, but got this after the light went
    is a decent crop around 1/4 frame but as close as they came.
    adult was diving to pick stuff for the chicks.

d4 200-500 f5.6 @500mm 1/200 f8 iso 1600 1/4 frame
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Nice work capturing the parent feeding the chick. It's a shame they weren't closer or the two in the back weren't facing the camera, but still a strong image.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Coot chicks, so ugly they're adorable.
      The conditions obviously weren't perfect but I think you've ended up with a cute shot well worth sharing.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
      Haven't been there, not done that.
      Jo

Comment

Here, here avkomp. Nice family photo with parents guiding the cootlings or cootikins. Our lake has about 20 to 30 coots and right now there are cootlings everywhere. The whole group is called a raft. Like Phoenix said, they are not blessed with an abundence of beauty but are just adorable to watch. I was at the lake yesterday and the cootlings are growing up fast. Lots of photos. I also took a few of their cousin, the dusky moorhen (which I've never seen here before) - same as the coot but has the red bill and forehead protection and a plash of yellow on the tip of the bill. The sub species found here are actually Australian Coots.
        Last edited by Isac; 30-09-2016, 11:02 AM.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Working...
        X