Name:	DSC_1176 Spinebil cropped.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	362.6 KB
ID:	441679

Attached Files
    Nikon D810 Nikon 24-70mm f2.8
    Nikon 105mm f2.8 Micro lens
    150-600mm Tamron

glad they back for you. 2nd not look sharp, focus seems in front of the bird. good job on the exposure too.
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Amazing colours wombat. Agree with the focus thing, but you're lucky to have these creatures in your yard. Framing and sharpness in #1 is spot on.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Yes #2 is soft but it was the only one I got of the bird actually feeding so it is a temporary keeper. When A better one comes up I can delete the first one. There is one other problem here is the "upload' process flattens the colours in the images. I deliberately increased the saturation and luminance in the reds and sure enough the red ring in the eyes came out dull and flat looking. I have noticed the problem is right across board in all photo uploads.
        150-600mm Tamron

Comment

Originally posted by W.o.m.b.a.t View Post
          Yes #2 is soft but it was the only one I got of the bird actually feeding so it is a temporary keeper. When A better one comes up I can delete the first one. There is one other problem here is the "upload' process flattens the colours in the images. I deliberately increased the saturation and luminance in the reds and sure enough the red ring in the eyes came out dull and flat looking. I have noticed the problem is right across board in all photo uploads.
          hmm, according to my exif reader, these images are in argb profile. I shoot argb also for a perceived wider gamut,
          but
          you must convert them to srgb for display on the web, or you get dud colours..............
          most web browsers arent colour managed and assume srgb. so if you got pix posted in argb they get messed up.
          some file hosting places dont upload that flash either, dont know much about who or why.

I would be trying converting the pix to srgb and uploading again

Comment

Thanks for the tip Stephen I''ll try the sRGB next time. I like your comment "a perceived wider gamut" I sometimes wonder if that comment is spot on as the difference between sRGB and AdobeRGB can be very subtle indeed.

Doug
            150-600mm Tamron

Comment

Pretty sure the srgb thing will sort you. Come across this issue a lot. There probably isn't much differences between the colour spaces, but I am a creature of habit, if it makes a slight difference I still shoot argb and convert to srgb for the web. You always want the best raw image you can get. And if you think it is even 1/10th a percent better, it is.

Comment

True Stephen, it is just my mumbling on.
                Doug
                150-600mm Tamron

Comment

Working...
                X