Clear All

• Dusky Wood Swallow

In canvas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dusky Wood Swallow 2 .jpg
Views:	27
Size:	550.5 KB
ID:	444938

Nice capture. I have been watching the swallows at my place. Extremely fast and acrobatic. I don't think I can capture them on the wing.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

Originally posted by HansE View Post
      Nice capture. I have been watching the swallows at my place. Extremely fast and acrobatic. I don't think I can capture them on the wing.
      I've managed a few of them on the wing. Best chance is to catch them feeding young. They can do that on the wing just after the chicks have left the nest. You can focus on the chick and fire a burst as the adults dive in to feed them. Happens in the blink of an eye!

Comment

I like the PP Greg. Swallows are fast and what you say about shooting them when feeding the young is definitely the best way. I've used that method and got some classic shots.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Thanks Isac.

Comment

There is detail and softness that creates a beautiful feel about this bird image.
            Could base it as a colour scheme for a bedroom.
            I don't mind the textured look in the background, but I'm not a fan of the lines appearing across it..seems contrarily unnatural,
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
            Haven't been there, not done that.
            Jo

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
              There is detail and softness that creates a beautiful feel about this bird image. Could base it as a colour scheme for a bedroom. I don't mind the textured look in the background, but I'm not a fan of the lines appearing across it..seems contrarily unnatural,
              Good to see you back Jo. Thanks yes, it's that cheap imported canvas. Must look for some better quality material. 😏

Comment

certainly never thought of putting a bird on canvas. seems to work well. nicely detailed and interesting range of colours.
                Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Working...
                X