No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Spinebill hovering

Got a shot of an Eastern Spinebill at home, the other day, hovering at a callistemon. They're the closest to a humming bird here and amazing to watch.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0747.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	446604
    Kathie M Thomas,
    I'm a Nikon girl
    Web Flickr

They are one of my favourites Kathie. I haven’t Yet been lucky with a shot of them hovering although I see it often enough in my standard grevillia. Well done.

Comment

Thanks Greg.
      Kathie M Thomas,
      I'm a Nikon girl
      Web Flickr

Comment

Wonderful capture Kathie. I like the way it cleverly hovers in the shade - smart bird!
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

nice action captured but a few issues with this image imho.
          not seeing many details in the bird. could be that focus is behind the bird. was it cropped much?
          notice it is 4000 iso. wondering how the camera handles that iso. sometimes using native iso can give you a better result than the interpolated ones. iso 3200 for example.

did you run noise reduction on this shot? that can take some details too

that lens is sharp for me wide open or close to it, so perhaps shooting at f5.6 on the lens instead of f9 you could have got the 1/2500 at a lower iso.

looks underexposed to me but seems like the light wasnt your friend on this either.

hope you not mind the honest critique. tis how we improve though.
          Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Working...
          X