Clear All

• Sheltering

From the waves.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Low key 1a.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	264.8 KB
ID:	444729

Too true! But you would prefer to get a negative response to not getting one at all, right?

Got to agree with Hans from another thread.

Comment

Very dramatic but don't see much to look at to be honest. Is there a rock or mountain behind the wave?
      Maybe more contrast might bring it out more?

Also I've been having troubles with the forum logging me out all the time so have typed several comments only to be logged out so it doesn't post. Painful.
      Sony A7rii
      https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Originally posted by Toddyh View Post
        Very dramatic but don't see much to look at to be honest. Is there a rock or mountain behind the wave?
        Maybe more contrast might bring it out more?

Also I've been having troubles with the forum logging me out all the time so have typed several comments only to be logged out so it doesn't post. Painful.
        Like you I like to try different things that appeal to me. The post is a low key Black and White to just highlight the water spray and just allow enough light on the person behind the rock to show an outline.

I've had troubles with this Forum from Day One. It's slow as a wet week and I've often had to go out and back in to see something I've posted. Very frustrating at times let alone the lack of interaction.

Comment

Well you know I'm 100% for trying something different so keep it up.
          Sony A7rii
          https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

I like the way you presented the photo Greg. I am a fan of B&W and this is no exception. I think when we post an image that may be a little different than the norm, an explanation would go a long way to getting a handle on what we are trying to achieve. IMHO.
            I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
            "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
              I like the way you presented the photo Greg. I am a fan of B&W and this is no exception. I think when we post an image that may be a little different than the norm, an explanation would go a long way to getting a handle on what we are trying to achieve. IMHO.
              Thanks Isac, I have tried that in the past but there's a couple on here that are only interested in their own little niche and that gets you pushed off the new posts page pretty quickly. It is a Forum.. not just a showcase for your own work.

Comment

To add a little to that. Sometimes the title helps when you struggle with a reason/story for the photo. I didn't think this quite fitted as it looked more like he was copping it rather than sheltering.
                Better a full bottle in front of me
                than a full frontal lobotomy.
                Hans

Comment

Originally posted by HansE View Post
                  To add a little to that. Sometimes the title helps when you struggle with a reason/story for the photo. I didn't think this quite fitted as it looked more like he was copping it rather than sheltering.
                  Yes easy to get that impression with compressed perspective due to the long lens. The guy was actually well behind the large rock and the spray came up through a blowhole which was between me and the rock.
                  I post shots like that hoping to get a comment or question like yours where the perspective gives a false representation of reality.

Here's a sequence which may give another impression of the moment.

Comment

Working...
                  X