Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Motor Cycle

This is a Sears M/C seen at a recent show ..........I believe it was manufactured fot the Sears Roebuck mail order store in the USA.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0261 - Copy.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	470.8 KB
ID:	394514

sweet bike and well captured too
    cheers
    Rod
    Wacko-Ocker Photography

I shoot with a camera until I get paid to say other wise

www.wacko-ocker.smugmug.com

Comment

Glad there's a motor there, the pedals look like hard work!
      Great job with the restoration and the image, heaps of detail showing.

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
      CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

Well captured pasley

Some more info :- (from How Stuff Works)

For an entire century, from 1893 to 1993, Sears Roebuck & Company's iconic catalog offered Americans just about anything they could possibly want, from watches and jewelry to buggies, electronics and firearms [source: Sears]. It should come as no surprise, then, that the catalog -- which was originally penned by Richard Sears alone, who drew on his personal experiences in describing his wares -- also featured motorcycles.
        According to Arlene May of Sears Holdings' Historical Archives, the catalog began offering the "Sear Auto-Cycle" for $169 in 1909. "This same catalog also urged readers to send for the free motorcycle circular giving a larger selection of cycles and supplies," May says.
        The catalog stopped offering motorcycles in the spring of 1914, opting only to make clothing and motorcycle supplies available until the early 1950s. In 1951 the catalog gave customers the option to purchase the Allstate motor scooter and in 1954 the pages of the catalog also included a new Allstate motorcycle, as well.
        Barb
        "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

Working...
        X