No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bakken Taxi

Testing the postimage site.

Didn't work as expected. Only got a tiny copy and a link to Postimage. What am I missing?

Last edited by seaslug; 07-07-2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• seaslug
      seaslug commented
      Editing a comment
      Copy and paste direct from the opened image seems to work better. But I'm not sure if that is any better than posting direct.
      Last edited by seaslug; 07-07-2017, 04:02 PM.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      You're right Greg. Once opened in your gallery, right click on the image - select Copy Image - then Past into AP. Sinples! The other way is to just copy the "Hotlink for forums:" code with the button to the right and then Paste that into the forum.

Here's the way to do it by embedding the code from PostImage.
    Go to the "PostImage" site and select your Gallery that contains your image that you want to post into your forum.
    1: Click on your image to display it.
    2: Click on the "Share" button (above the image).
    3: Click the small icon to the right of the "Hotlink for forums" code. This will copy that link to your clipboard.
    4: Go to your forum post/thread, click where you want the image to appear (top-left)
    5: Right-click, then select Paste. OR press Ctrl+V (Command+V on a Mac) and it will embed the link to your image.

EASY AS.
    PostImage seems to be ad free and encourages sharing via all the popular mediums. Can do a lot more than just host images.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Thanks, that's what I'm doing now. Works well and no PBucket ads!

Comment

I have always posted photos directly from my computer. I did open a photo bucket account once but never went anywhere with it. What are the benefits of using a photo hosting site?
        Cheers, Brad.

Comment

• seaslug
          seaslug commented
          Editing a comment
          Some one more tech savvy than me might give a better answer, but on this forum the end result looks the same but I understand a linked image uses up less of the available data of the Forum. Other Forums I support display smaller with less IQ when posting direct.

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          The main reason for using photo hosting sites is to share your photos with others - family friends etc - that aren't members on forums. You just send them a link and they can open your galleries and have a look at your excellent images. Forums usually put a limit on size for photos uploaded directly so in our poorly supported forum here, it's not an issue. On a personal level I prefer to keep my images close to hand and have full control of where they are but completely understand the use of hosting sites for the reason above. This new one, PostImage, seems really cool though, very easy to use and if you install their software app, it can do a lot more - including screen snaps. Although I do prefer "ScreenHunter" for that. I always like to keep my images under 200k for forums. I've just started using Faststone for file size reduction and I can shrink a 4MB photo down to 70kb without losing too much IQ.
      Working...
      X