Size:	282.0 KB
ID:	443571

Click image for larger version

Name:	L4 .jpg
Views:	46
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	443574
    Attached Files

Some lovely old buildings there Greg. I especially like the last one, is it a church?
    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

• seaslug
      seaslug commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Brad. Thanks for commenting.

G'day Greg

A bloke after my own heart ... I too like to meander around a town during the "quiet before the storm" - before brekky in other words

Any chance of a minor tweak of several images? ~ maybe a crop of the curved awnings in #2 and a vertical of the hanging basket & its shadow from #3

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
      G'day Greg

A bloke after my own heart ... I too like to meander around a town during the "quiet before the storm" - before brekky in other words

Any chance of a minor tweak of several images? ~ maybe a crop of the curved awnings in #2 and a vertical of the hanging basket & its shadow from #3

Phil

Thanks for your thoughts Phil, I had considered the vertical of the pot and shadow so here's my 'tweak' at that one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Crop 1.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	443587

I'm not sure what you have in mind for the awnings so feel free to have a 'tweak' at it yourself if you like. I originally took the shot to highlight the fact that it was a cafe with the signage and I just likes the lines and shadows.

I always appreciate feedback in a manner that is constructive and not focused on the negatives. Thank you.

Comment

I like them all Greg. Such great detail on the old architecture. They all look a little dark on my monitor but I think the time of day has a bit to do with that. It all adds to the ambiance though. IMHO, I reckon a shadows adjustment would lift them a bit, just to show whats shadows are hiding. Faststone does a brilliant job on shadow adjustment, just sayin'
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• seaslug
          seaslug commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Isac, I do understand where you are coming from on this, but it sort of defeats the purpose of what I was trying to capture at that time of morning.

I was looking to get that golden subdued light and the contrasty long shadows playing out on the architecture.

I wanted the contrast between shadow and that first flash of light as the sun just peeked up over the hills.

I did do some shadows adjustment but to darken rather than show what was underneath. I do have shots taken at a different time of day with lighter shadows, but I didn't get up at 5am to capture those.

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          I know exactly what you were after Greg and you captured it well. 5am is something I don't embrace at my time of life but I do admire those with an adventurous spirit who can explore our wonderful earth at that hour of the day. I use to work on a large railway project 7 days a week in a time way back and 5am was smoko!
      Working...
      X