Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMAS Stuart

Entering the Mersey with bagpipes blaring.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HMAS Stuart .jpg
Views:	121
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	446452

Great shot Greg. These naval shots always remind me of my dad. He was a radio operator using morse code on the HMAS Nepal in WW11. Thanks for sharing.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
      Great shot Greg. These naval shots always remind me of my dad. He was a radio operator using morse code on the HMAS Nepal in WW11. Thanks for sharing.
      Thanks, got an invite to tour the ship as well via my association with the Maritime Centre here in Devonport. Here's a couple of phone shots from the bridge.

Name:	Bridge discussion..jpg
Views:	30
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	446480

Name:	Bridge view.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	446481

Comment

Lucky You!!! That would have been fantastic! Probably more modern than the USS Bainbridge, which I toured many years ago. A mate and myself (both about 11 years old) were given a guided tour by 2 negro sailors. The frigate was anchored out in Gage Roads (where we held the Americas Cup) and we rode out from Fremantle on a Navy boat, given lunch on the ship and a "Pepsi" and lots of reading material. Show and Tell at school was very special! Something I will never forget. Again thanks for the memories
        Last edited by Isac; 05-11-2017, 03:38 PM.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

G'day mate

Yeah - those damn bagpipes would scare the deaf & wake the dead
          Phil

Comment

Thanks, the tour was a bit of an eye opener. Great to see so many young ladies in uniform and very much a part of ships operations. Was a bit surprised to find out despite a recent major refit, the vessel had engine problems and the main weapon of war (cannon) wouldn’t aim properly. Not sure they should have been telling us this, but they did! Sounds a bit like Collins class all over again!

Comment

Working...
            X