No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruising

On Past.

Taken from Badcock's Road Forthside. Estimated to be at least 12 km from the Spirit leaving Tas.

FZ300 @ 600 mm equiv.

Zoom looks to be very good on that FZ300 Greg. Nice and steady and good detail throughout the image.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

To get some perspective on this shot, here's an overview taken from the same location taken just prior and giving approximate positions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Long shot.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	447637

Comment

Wow Greg. That's seriously impressive. Apart from that The Spirit actually makes a nice photo too.
        Sony A7rii
        https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

I'm impressed too Greg, nice to get a good idea of the zoom power from your 2nd shot.
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

I am surprised at the lack of haze in the zoomed shot. It is obviously there in a distance like that as the overview shows.Did you filter it out?
            Better a full bottle in front of me
            than a full frontal lobotomy.
            Hans

Comment

Originally posted by HansE View Post
              I am surprised at the lack of haze in the zoomed shot. It is obviously there in a distance like that as the overview shows.Did you filter it out?
              Did levels adjustment and converted to Poster Edges prior to resize. If the colour channels are adjusted individually at the dark end, most of the haze disappears. PE doesn’t work with everything but I try it sometimes to give contrast a lift particularly with distant shots, birds and animals.

Comment

Working...
              X