No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Yella'

The big yellow sun about to make her appearance for the day...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7674.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	412.6 KB
ID:	377545

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
    CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Nice - like the sand patterns in the foreground too.

Comment

Very beautiful light you have captured here. Beaut composition too, with the foreground textures forming leading lines.

How much did you work the contrast/color/saturation? Just curious, cause that's what I always like to fiddle with.
      Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Thank you both, had to get down real low for this...passes by gave some weird looks? "They don't understand"
        Very little processing on this Charles, tried to lift the Blue but it looked terrible. Spent most of my time Cropping and Straightening.

CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

Lovely textures and light.

Comment

• Gaz
            Gaz commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Greg, been here for 10 days and this was the best sunrise so far. The reflections on the sand appealed to me.

Here's another concentrating on the clouds and the Sun.
          It's a 2 shot Stitch, so I had to spend a little time blending the waves because they wouldn't stop between clicks!!!
          I selectively enhance the yellow in this trying to give it a slight lift and sharpened the horizon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	335.3 KB
ID:	377577

Comment

Absolutely wonderfully spectacular shot. I like the composition. The foreground waves give this shot a real depth, too often lacking in "Sunset Shots." A lesson for us all.

As everyone knows, it's a rule in land/seascapes that the good ones have a foreground, middle ground and background. Yes, all you libertarian anarchists types that think they can do what they want - it's a rule!

Glad to see you're giving Alan a run for his money in the seascape genre. He's had a monopoly here for too long. (Don't tell him. He can be very sensitive about this sort of stuff.)
            Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Thank Charles, I'm glad you enjoyed.
              I don't believe Alan has anything to worry about just yet...

Comment

Really nice Gaz, the rim lit clouds are spectacular and like the way you've captured deeper tones just above the horizon and golden tones above the clouds.

Comment

Thanks Gabby, I really enjoyed my time there...looking forward to my next visit.

Comment

Working...
                  X