No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come dance with me

This is the old Dance hall. Its about 23ish kilometers from Tullamore on the Tullamore Peak Hill road. I guess it would have been rolling in its day farmers and towns would have met here romance and love maybe even some lead to marriage. This is amazing old building and still standing pretty strong today. I loved my time there I hope I have done a good job to show you and you also enjoy your viewing of this place. However as its in the bush it would not take much for it to be gone, A bush fire would wipe this out in minutes and gone forever.

This is taken from the parking lot I dare say some cars but still horse and cart I guess depending on the age finding the history is also going to be something ill be doing I know a couple of local locals in there 80s that could tell me a story or 2 I guess or at least I am hoping.

74 by Sandy De Jong, on Flickr

This photo is taken from driveway as you see it upon entrance here

75 by Sandy De Jong, on Flickr

What was stashed under the floor the mind boggles the floor is solid I felt safe walking on it still so I don't think it just caved in like that but I found it interesting

82 by Sandy De Jong, on Flickr

Old part of piano perhaps ? my guess

84 by Sandy De Jong, on Flickr

85 by Sandy De Jong, on Flickr

look at that timber its amazing and still looks strong to me

88c by Sandy De Jong, on Flickr

There are more some I kept as colour and also black white for the viewers pleasure just click on one of my photos to take you there I think it works like that if you want to see more of this wonderful old bush dance hall thank you for looking and hope you enjoy
    All Experts at anything were once beginners

MWAH Sandy

Good series Sandy, I remember the old country dance halls well.

Comment

Great series Sandy. Thanks for sharing a bit of history.
      Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Yep, really like these Sandy.

I still remember my sky blue corduroy flares purchased especially for my first ever dance night in such a hall.

I was such a trendsetter in my youth.
        -----------------------------------------------------
        Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

I too remember country dance halls where firstly we went with our parents and many children went to sleep under the benches along the wall. #4 is a piano Sandy, that part is where the strings are of, in this case, a grand piano - obviously a richer area than where I grew up where there was only a cheaper upright piano. Good series of shots, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thank you all so much one that is not behind a fence and one I could enter as well. It was very exciting to be there I could almost hear the music playing as well.
            All Experts at anything were once beginners

MWAH Sandy

Comment

Working...
            X