No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saltlake south of Cooper Pedy

I need to camp out for a week or two while waiting for the Anne Beadell track to dry out after some fairly heavy rain in the area, Cooper Pedy copped about 60mm the other day so I might be stalled for a while. The AB runs west from CP for 1300kms to Laverton in WA and this is a track that I'm very excited about travelling.

Anyway, I found a saltlake that's 200 or 300 hundred km south of CP and just a few hundred metres off the Stuart Highway so I'm a happy camper at the moment...it's not raining!!. I found some where where it's not raining!!

So here are a couple of images I captured this afternoon, nice light with some cloud about, hopefully not rain clouds but we will see.

Not sure about the processing, these images require a delicate touch in photoshop and all I can do at the moment is a rough conversion to jpeg from raw with minor tweaks on an aging lappy with Faststone Image Viewer so would appreciate comments on exposure. I fear they may be too dark but will process properly when I get home.

Captured with the Sigma DP2 Merrill camera btw, a stunning piece of kit that leaves my Canon gear in the shade. And it cost $550, pig of a thing to use but the results can be stunning. I'm still learning how to get the most of this wonderful camera as it's a tricky little beast full of surprises, not all of them pleasant. Fixed lens about 30mm, no IS, terrible at anything over 300iso, temperamental metering, WB is all over the shop some days, refuses to focus in poor light and manual focus is a joke, no viewfinder (I went aftermarket) worst software ever invented, neither Photoshop nor Lightroom recognize the files and that's some of its better features.

But the images...wow!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SDIM2277dfgh.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	408879

Click image for larger version

Name:	SDIM2267oij.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	408880

-----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

It looks very pretty and something I've never seen as yet. The first one reminds me a little of some photos I've seen of the Bolivian salt lakes. I can't comment on exposure, colour etc as I'm also on a laptop - uncalibrated and don't totally trust what I see as accurate. Doesn't look like a bad place to stop and relax and wait for the road and rain to clear.

Comment

Amazing landscapes!

Comment

Cheers folks. Bit of cloud about today so I'm hopefull of some good opportunities presenting this afternoon.
        -----------------------------------------------------
        Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Working...
        X