Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The old Railway Easement

Between Devonport and Melrose.

I like the way the path leads you into the image, but, to me, the fronds on the right dominate a bit too much unbalancing the image.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• seaslug
      seaslug commented
      Editing a comment
      Fair comment It's part of what I call the overgrown effect. All of the undergrowth is encroaching on the pathway.

Fun places to walk (old train lines) .... did the one near Lithgow (glow worm tunnel walk) a few years back .... about 7klm round trip.

I quite like this, but wonder if it may 'feel' better flipped.
    Barb
    "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

• seaslug
      seaslug commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Barb, yes it does balance better as an image, but this is part of a set I did on assignment for a group wanting to re-establish the rail line and it does look out of place the other way round. (I did shots from the other direction too).

I like the way nature is taking it back over and I think it would be sad in a way if they bought machinery in again.

• Sully
      Sully commented
      Editing a comment
      Fair enough Greg

Nature has a habit of moving back in again .... sometimes for the good, others not so ...

this is a good shot. the line of the track takes you thru this shot too. good work
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Well composed in my opinion.
      I like the balance of the large frond on the right and the whole plant on the left with the path leading through.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
      Haven't been there, not done that.
      Jo

Comment

Working...
      X