Name:	IMG_4021ms.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	435306
    Very misty this particular morning.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

I'm a bit partial to mist and like the combination of muted tones and colours here
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Also love the muted tones.

I'd be inclined to crop out the sunlit hills behind and just stick with the soft mist
      Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

• HansE
        HansE commented
        Editing a comment
        I can see that. It does create a different effect. It does change the story. Still a thousand words?

Sometimes less is more ...
      Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

nice shot. to me the different tones in the background pull the eye to the extent of letting it down a bit imho.
        first thoughts were to crop it out but then it gives the shot a too tight feel imho.
        perhaps you could crop a bit off the top, or if game perhaps clone some of the whites over it?

worth a bit of a look I think because the zigzag lines lead well thru the shot too.
        good work
        Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• Alan
          Alan commented
          Editing a comment
          I was going to suggest adding a bit of canvas to the top after cropping, and then 'content aware' some mist into it for that very reason. But your suggestion would work as well. Snap.

I would go along with that. I will have another play with it at a later date. On another project now.
        Thanks for the input Alan and Stephen.
        Hans

Comment

That's a cracker of a shot Hans. Just a thought, if you have Lightroom or Photoshop the dehaze filterin ACR might be worth a go on the background. It is a powerful filter and is easy to go overboard with but it can do amazing things. Worth a look if you have access to it.
          -----------------------------------------------------
          Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

I use an old copy of Photoshop CS2 i find I can buy good books cheap that way. I will probably never even get to use half this program so I am not in a hurry to update. I will have a look and see if that function is available. Thanks Mick
            Hans

Comment

Working...
            X