Devonport Surf Club training on one of the last official days of summer

Click image for larger version

Name:	WEB-4817.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	275.3 KB
ID:	439220
    CHEERS
    BART

I Love this sort of photography Bart. It gives one a real feel for the place and a good sense of scale. Lovely colours and framing. I'm going to have a play and see whats in the shadows and give it a bit of lift. That's just me though - do carry on. Nice work.
    Sort of like this. I only did this because I love this photo.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	hdj80-devonport-surf-club-E.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	439247
    Last edited by Isac; 03-03-2017, 03:31 PM. Reason: Added the edited version.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• HDJ80
      HDJ80 commented
      Editing a comment
      I like what you have done here. But by pulling more out of the shadows you start to loose colour elsewhere like on the surf skies.

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Lifted it right up. Nice.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I see your point Bart but it was only the shadows I did and the skis were not affected that much, only brightened a fraction when i did a levels adjustment. I should have reduced the effect on various elements such as the skis though. What you say though does make one thing clear - ALWAYS sit back and check your edits carefully by comparing them to the original. A good lesson for us all I suppose. Also it's always a bit of a challenge when you are only working on a small image. Thanks for your comment - appreciated.

Australia all over. The sort of thing you will enjoy seeing over the years. One question though. The "flag/light" poles?
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• HDJ80
      HDJ80 commented
      Editing a comment
      Light poles, I guess some designer thought they looked the part for the area.

Nice shot with good colours. I like the feeling of depth given by the rocks in the foreground. The sky looks a bit uneven though - from a polarising filter perhaps?
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• HDJ80
      HDJ80 commented
      Editing a comment
      I Have notice the uneven sky on a few shots with the polarising filter now. It may also be the shooting angle relevant to the sun.
Working...
X