No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another day another sundown.

New lens arrived today can't believe speed of arrival. 10-18 Canon Zoom Cheap as. So far so good will get to give it a work out soon.Click image for larger version

Name:	1703_mg_0947.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	430.0 KB
ID:	439263
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Looking good - that's a nice wide angle coverage - I love my 10-20mm Sigma.

Whites look a bit blown at the top, but that's to be expected. You'll sort that out soon. Enjoy
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Nice and wide Hans. I'm pleased with mine as well. Alan's right with the whites but you will get better at that. The histogram will show you what you need to avoid it. For these types of photos, you should consider using Graduated Neutral Density filters. I use the Hitech-85 filters (.3 .6 .9) and they are super for getting detail in both foreground and sky. Here's a LINK to a good review. Not the cheapest thing to buy but always in my kit when and if I travel.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

I also use a wide zoom quite often. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I haven't used graduated neutral density filters, but find that careful exposure and lifting shadows usually work well. I also sometimes take a couple of exposures and manually merge them in post. I've rarely been happy with automated HDR shots.
        Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Alan
          Alan commented
          Editing a comment
          I also use the bracketing method - esp with the phone, as grad NDs are not an option

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          All those methods work very well nowadays with cameras that can take high ISO images. Bracketing is really good and I have used that with indoor real estate photography. it's great for getting the outside window shots, usually 3 shots - 2 stops apart.

Not at all fond of HDR pictures if you can see it. I have used the bracketing. The Camera actually allows you to set it to take a preselected difference from center in three pictures. I ordered filters on ebay for $20 if I finish up using them more than twice in a year I shall get better ones. (If I feel the need).
        Better a full bottle in front of me
        than a full frontal lobotomy.
        Hans

Comment

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          Have fun with them Hans.
      Working...
      X