No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kings Canyon 2

Nice walk around the rim. Steep to start with of course. Sometimes difficult to take photos without people in them.

I went for a early morning walk on a less popular track and had it all to myself and it was a completely different and strange experience.

Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

What a beautiful collection you will have of this trip. Particularly like #2
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

Thanks Hans
      Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

We had a mouse plague when we were there. Got cheap accommodation but I wont describe it.
        Better a full bottle in front of me
        than a full frontal lobotomy.
        Hans

Comment

Like 'em all Alan but #3 for me. The bridge shows the scale and the foreground shadows are indicating a huge mountain range behind you. Colours are fabulous.
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Awesome walk isn't it Alan. Was the little side track down to the pools?
            Sony A7rii
            https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Thanks again Gents.

My special, end of trip, morning walk was to Kathleen Springs. Some goose bumps involved..

"The Kathleen Springs are sources in the Watarrka National Park in the Australian Northern Territory. They are located about 20 kilometers south of Kings Canyon in the Kathleen Gorge (Kathleen Gorge). The sources can be reached from a parking place on the road over a 1.3 kilometer long way. [1]

The springs had a spiritual significance for the aborigines from the people of the Luritia , because according to their mythology dream time the rainbow snake lives in the water holes. Since there is always water in the canyon, the non-exhausting waterhole attracted animals, which were able to be chased by the aborigines with spears. The sources were the reason for white and Aboriginal clashes, as white settlers used them to water cattle and thus interacted with the Aboriginal way of life. The aborigines, on the other hand, robbed and consumed numerous cattle of white cattle breeders. The police arrested the cattle thieves and put them on.

The gorge Kathleen Gorge provided not only with vital water, but also served to capture cattle and wild horses in pens. The last herds of cattle and horses were brought together in 1983 when the National Park was established. Near the spring grew bush-figs, which served wild camels as fodder. The Park and Wildlife Commission, responsible for the park, removed all wild camels from this area and built the plants in the areas where they had brought the camels.

Camping is prohibited in the gorge and at the waterhole, as well as bathing in the Kathleen Springs. " Wikipedia

Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

All good stuff Central Australia is a must see. We were there last August September.

Doug
                Nikon D810 Nikon 24-70mm f2.8
                Nikon 105mm f2.8 Micro lens
                150-600mm Tamron

Comment

Working...
                X