No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River Bend, Balranald

The best Caravan Park was saved for my last night at Balradald on the Murrumbidgee River. It was a big day home from there

"Once considered the end of the Line, Balranald now is a stopping place on the Sturt Highway, that forms the direct link between Sydney and Adelaide. First settled in the 1840s on the site of a fording place of the Murrumbidgee River it gained importance during the river-boat days as a service port for the wool industry. Balranald now services the surrounding grain, sheep, cattle and viticulture industries. Apart from the areas grazed, the country around contains mallee, rosewood and belah woodland and contrasts with the closer settled Victorian side of the Murray River."

Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

A nice landscape Alan. I like the lighting on the foreground trees highlighting the colours of the bark. Very serene

Doug
    Nikon D810 Nikon 24-70mm f2.8
    Nikon 105mm f2.8 Micro lens
    150-600mm Tamron

Comment

Looks like a nice spot to unroll the swag and boil the billy.
      Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Thanks you two - it was a welcome sight after weeks of red sand and dirt
        Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Very quiet spot by the looks Alan. I expect the curved look is from the pano.
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Thanks Greg - yes, could be some pano distortion, but it was on a reasonable River Bend
            Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Working...
            X