No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Backroad.

I needed a couple of shots with some clouds for a project, so I took the back way home yesterday because its a bit more scenic than my usual route.
    They are a bit of a mixed bag with the processing.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9100 - Version 2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	442342

Name:	DSC_9090.jpg
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	442343
    Cheers, Brad.

And a third....

Name:	DSC_9088.jpg
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	442345
    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

They are lovely natural landscape shots Ironwood. You've got us ALL intrigued though .... whats the "Project"
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Exactly what he said. Got me curious.
        Sony A7rii
        https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Cheers Isac and Todd. "The Project", is a Project 52 on another forum I am involved in ( a very small forum, only about 4 active members ) Last weeks topic was Clouds.
          Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Sounds familiar. Maybe we should merge
            Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              Sounds familiar. Maybe we should merge
              Could work, who knows Alan, though it's definitely not a decision I could make. The other one is called Photo Forums, owned by Neil Ellis who also owns and runs the highly successful Australian Woodwork Forums, which has a photography section as well. He started the photo forum a while back hoping it would be a success, but it's had a very slow start and has trouble retaining members for too long, as you know you need regular posters contributing new content to keep people coming back, if no one is posting it gets very boring very quickly.
              Cheers, Brad.

Comment

• Alan
                Alan commented
                Editing a comment
                Agree, and esp when good photographers, who were stalwarts on a Forum, and who were prepared to mentor new members, suddenly disappear - it does make it difficult to attract new members looking to learn a bit more about this wonderful art.

But maybe anyone with a mobile phone considers themselves an expert now after getting 100's of likes elsewhere.

Posting photos is one thing, but I think it also gets boring if no one is 'interacting' with them. By that I mean starting a conversation/discussion that may be photo related, but sharing one's interests/personality/hopes/humour/hobbies/setbacks could make a Forum unique - as I believe this one used to be

• Isac
                Isac commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with a lot you guys are saying. I think Interaction is the key for a successful forum. We should all try harder

• Ironwood
                Ironwood commented
                Editing a comment
                True words from both of you.

Posting photos is one thing, but I think it also gets boring if no one is 'interacting' with them. By that I mean starting a conversation/discussion that may be photo related, but sharing one's interests/personality/hopes/humour/hobbies/setbacks could make a Forum unique
              This is a good point Alan. I am a member on a brand specific photography forum as well ( Nikonites ), it is a very busy and lively forum that doesn't seem to have trouble attracting new members.
              Over there many members have their own "365/daily photos" threads and "52" threads that they post a lot of their photos into, when you start to follow individuals by regularly checking their threads you start to get to know them because they are putting part of themselves and their lives into their various threads, and them you, because hopefully they are following your threads as well. There is a definite camaraderie over there that I haven't seen on any other photography forum. The only other forum I can compare it to is the Australian Woodwork Forum which is another very successful forum, it got so big the owner had to split 2 sections off and sell them, they are now successful forums in their own right. A Metalwork Forum, and a Renovate Forum. I think he was hoping the Photo Forums go the same way, but it just hasn't really taken off as well as hoped for.
              Cheers, Brad.

Comment

• Alan
                Alan commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Brad for getting my point.

You may find a new member in Nikonites...

• Isac
                Isac commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh NO Alan - don't leave us!!!
            Working...
            X