No announcement yet.

Includes seascape, panorama and travel photography

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tall Tree

Our local lake is filled with these tall gums which makes up a wonderful habitat for native birds.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Lake-Tree-1.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	443630
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Yes, I'm a tree lover.. got to watch out for falling branches on the old Gums though!

It's a weekly task cleaning up fallen bits and pieces at the Arboretum.

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      The Arboretum would probably be a lot larger than our local park so I can imagine the mess. I have to commend our local shire (Kalamunda), they are always tidying up and mowing the grass at the lake and surrounds. on another note of praise, they hate people who park on footpaths and also those who park on the wrong side of the road. I'm with them and they don't muck about issuing fines. Good on 'em!
      Last edited by Isac; 06-08-2017, 01:42 PM.

• seaslug
      seaslug commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes we have 66 ha to look after there. While the council do make a small financial contribution, all of the maintenance is done by volunteers and there is less than a dozen of us. Some volunteers look after the canteen and the education centre, but all the mowing, pruning and heavy stuff is done by the aging arthritic brigade!

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a huge paddock Greg. The government enjoy the financial spinoff but put in little - typical I suppose. A big shout out to all the volunteers!! As you know I volunteer myself and it's very rewarding.
Working...
X