Views:	35
Size:	414.6 KB
ID:	443938

Click image for larger version

Name:	Slippery road .jpg
Views:	33
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	443939

For a North Queenslander, the snow looks a bit out of this world. I love that second photo, how the eye is drawn up to the snowcapped mountain by the tall trees. Well done.
    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

#2 is a cracker Greg. Really like that.
      #3 draws my eye around the corner. Got me curious.
      Sony A7rii
      https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Thank you both. It was a good day out despite doing a CV boot on the Subaru and coating the Cat Converter with smelly grease. In the process of correcting that today.

Comment

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          Lucky you noticed the boot had gone Greg. A good save, because it doesn't take long for the dirt to get in and wreck the CV joint - very costly.

Better just a boot than an actual CV.
        Sony A7rii

Comment

#1- Nice and wide and a great scene. #2- Fabulous POV and just love the trees guiding you into your trip up to the mountain. #3- Really shows the elevation of the whole area. Great work Greg.
          Sad to hear about the CV boot. The same happened to me back in the day. I bought the first Liberty GX in WA way back in 1990 and it was absolutely tremendous. We had snow this year at the start of July in our south west, at a place called Bluff Knoll in the Stirling Ranges. A real buzz for locals and tourists as it's pretty rare.
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

My pic is number two as well. Closely followed by #3 Both tell a travel story.
            Better a full bottle in front of me
            than a full frontal lobotomy.
            Hans

Comment

Thank you all,

The CV boot failure is a fairly minor issue, but back up in the mountains with no phone coverage and clouds of smoke issuing from under the bonnet it can be a little unsettling. At that point I didn't know what was causing the problem and I thought the 'oil' leak may have been coming from somewhere else.

Thankfully driveshaft joint grease on the exhaust wasn't too much of an issue. All fixed now!

Comment

• Isac
                Isac commented
                Editing a comment
                Glad it's all fixed. Those Subarus are pretty unbreakable.

Gaff tape on a CV boot can work wonders. At least hold some of the grease in.
              Sony A7rii

Comment

• Toddyh
                Toddyh commented
                Editing a comment
                You can actually buy tape designed to temporarily repair exhausts. That will well and truly resist the heat. I've some in my kit too.

• seaslug
                seaslug commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes thanks, being a retired auto tech from a Ford/ Subaru dealership, I've just about seen all of the patch ups available. Handy stuff to carry but unfortunately my skin doesn't have the same resistance to heat and tight places as the tape does. (Particularly now it's got older and somewhat wiser.. )

• Toddyh
                Toddyh commented
                Editing a comment
                Haha yeah I know about skin. I do all my own servicing and I'm confident Japanese cars were designed for Japanese hands. I've constantly got scrapes and burns on my hands.
            Working...
            X