X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunns Plains

With a bit of Ragwort and Blackberry to liven up the foreground.

Lumix FZ300
    It's the little things!

Cheers, Greg C.

Lovely. Coming from farming stock myself, that view brings a small nostalgic tear to my eye...

Cheers,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisC333 View Post
      Lovely. Coming from farming stock myself, that view brings a small nostalgic tear to my eye... Cheers, Chris
      Thanks Chris, Iíve been around the countryside all my life but still donít take it for granted. Without the farmers, we wouldnít have much to survive on.
      It's the little things!

Cheers, Greg C.

Comment

Just as well Isac is busy or he would be straightening this up.
        Better a full bottle in front of me
        than a full frontal lobotomy.
        Hans

Comment

• seaslug
          seaslug commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t know how you work that out?

Name:  ScreenHunter 100-1.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  702.6 KB
        It looks a bit strange at this angle. The mountains look as if they get higher when they get closer and the white building is level. What happens is that You get a bit pedantic when you do this post processing. Ask Isac.

Better a full bottle in front of me
        than a full frontal lobotomy.
        Hans

Comment

• seaslug
          seaslug commented
          Editing a comment
          I've had to correct Isac as well at times when the horizon is not flat. There are no horizontals in my pic. to align with anything, but it was taken with the level indicator in the camera showing level. I recon you are well and truly tilted to the left.
          As the photo was taken on a steep slope looking south down a gully with the right side hills being much closer than the distant hills on the left, there may be a perception that the image is tilted.(Not to me I might add cause I was there and know what the terrain was like) There is also a bit of wide angle lens distortion showing up which I don't treat as an issue either.
          Thanks for going to the trouble of trying to straighten Tassie's lumps and bumps and I can see how you might have got that impression.

• HansE
          HansE commented
          Editing a comment
          Would now have to look at a contour map for the sake of argument but it isn't of any importance. As long as you are happy with the result.

I thought I'd just check in because my ears are burning! If the horizon in any posted image from now on is on a lean, then I'll just assume that the error was overlooked and will be adjusted in due course. I can always turn my head accordingly to perform an instant fix. I am a member of form which invites people to post up images that need "Photoshopping" and it's great fun. Some are paid requests and some are just freebies. I do 2 to 3 edits for them every day and the "can you" list is extremely varied, from removing shadows, cutting out unwanted sections, horizon fixes, changing colours, overlaying someones face onto another photo - blending 2 or 3 photos together - all sorts of requests. I thought I was the only one who liked horizons level, but Mr and Mrs Google showed me how many others think it's important. This is now my final word on horizons. Hans, your a funny man
        IShootACanon

Web: isacimages.com.au
        "Don't touch". Must be the scariest thing to read in braille!

My Gear
        Proudly supporting Kaarakin Black Cockatoo Conservation Centre

Comment

Working...
        X