Name:	1706_MG_1731-2.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	447938
    Hard to believe that this is only 146kb
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Lovely shot Hans. Room for us 2 old farts on that seat. How'd you shrink it to that size?
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds perfect and the "something" would be a little vino sfuso.

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Vino sfuso. You learn something every day. I have been to Italy quite a few times and have consumed wine with every dinner but even though I may have drunk this I was not aware of it. Also bought wine and beer in the supermarket 85c for a can of beer and Australian wine was cheaper there than in Oz.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I think Australia has lost it's way with the astronomical prices that are driven by pure greed! No wonder people buy internationally. When in Bangkok, I bought a $1 can of beer (from a fridge that was just parked outside a shop) and was told I drink it right there! Try that in our country!

Beaut subject typically Italian. I like it even more without the pole on the left and a little change in composition.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hans Italy.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	447976

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed that looks better simplified. Originally this was only a holiday record shot taken for the ceramic content. The ceramic street signs go back a long way.

As this is a friendly place, I'm going to point out that when editing other members images, we should all take care to make it as good as we can. It's a learning curve and it's evolving all the time. We all strive to get better at it. Cloning is most popular when editing and here are some examples of things that we can avoid. 1st, avoid duplicating obvious parts of the image. The pink splotch has been cloned into another part of the image. 2nd, make sure lines and straight parts line up to keep the perspective. 3rd, after cloning surfaces, in this case the wall area behind the pot, clone one large section and then change parts of it to avoid the repetition. Glad to be of help. Cheers.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	OldItaly.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	448006
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Good advice. But you really have to look for this sort of thing. The non horizontal horizons do tend to smack you in the face when you have done this for a bit.

• seaslug
      seaslug commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry I didn’t mean to tread on your toes by getting into your area of expertise. You’re the master and I just do it for fun. The edit was done to show how much better it looked without the post.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I do agree, it does look so much better without the wall of the building so close to the vase. It was a good edit, I just got a bit picky. I've been at this stuff for many years and after a while these things stand out like a sore thumb. Keep at it though - just like all of us, we are improving all the time. With Photoshop, I learn something new every day - it's never ending. Cheers.
Working...
X