Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelican Pair.

Still coming to grips with the DOF on the Big Siggie,would have been nice to have them both sharp,:shy: Click image for larger version

Name:	Pelican Pair.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	378071

Maybe next time,.
    C+C,EDITS OK
    I shoot a Canon 90D with a few bits of glass.

You still have an interesting photo to look at despite the DOF

Cheers

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
    CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

I would have thought f8 would have given you more DOF.

Comment

Originally posted by P Plates View Post
        I would have thought f8 would have given you more DOF.
        Might have to try closing it down to f11 and see what happens,:chin:
        C+C,EDITS OK

Comment

I love this shot Kevin. I removed the colour cast using the photo filter. Click image for larger version

Name:	kevinj pelicans copy.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	328.7 KB
ID:	378107
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

With that distance between the birds you will really struggle to get both in focus with a long lens unless you are a very long way back. Shoot from too far away and a large crop is obviously required and you lose detail.

If you get in nice and close to a large bird you can struggle to get the entire bird completely in focus unless it is side on to the camera.

The laws of physics are against you here Kev.

In this situation all you can do is wait till they swim much closer together or wait till they are further apart and the rear bird is blurred and nail the focus on the front one.
            -----------------------------------------------------
            Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Love the reflections.

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
                I love this shot Kevin. I removed the colour cast using the photo filter. [ATTACH=CONFIG]n378107[/ATTACH]
                Thanks Isac,figured out how to remove colour cast in PSE7,pleased you like the pic.
                Originally posted by loose cannon View Post
                With that distance between the birds you will really struggle to get both in focus with a long lens unless you are a very long way back. Shoot from too far away and a large crop is obviously required and you lose detail.

If you get in nice and close to a large bird you can struggle to get the entire bird completely in focus unless it is side on to the camera.

The laws of physics are against you here Kev.

In this situation all you can do is wait till they swim much closer together or wait till they are further apart and the rear bird is blurred and nail the focus on the front one.
                Thanks Mick,the laws of physics suck,you are quite correct of course and I knew when I took the shot I wouldn`t get them both,but it was worth a try.
                Originally posted by seaslug View Post
                Love the reflections.
                Thanks Greg,I`m a sucker for reflections.
                C+C,EDITS OK

Comment

Working...
                X