• Purple Cones

Probably Maroon actually.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fir-cones.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	431995

Sony A65 Sigma 150-500

Interesting capture Greg .... love how they grow at the ends of the 'branch' .... how big are they?
    Barb
    "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

• seaslug
      seaslug commented
      Editing a comment
      The cones are quite small.. only about an inch or so at this stage. Probably end up about 4 or 5 inches at maturity.

• Sully
      Sully commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Greg .... was hard to pick their size

Tri colour image works nicely with the geometric shapes.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
    Haven't been there, not done that.
    Jo

Comment

Very unusual colouring but nice.
      A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

nice simple composition on this one. reckon you went overboard on the vignette though. probably didnt need it either, truth be told. the blue and green already worked well together
        Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• seaslug
          seaslug commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the comment Steve. That's interesting as I didn't apply any vignette. It's the effect I got straight from the camera with no effects dialed in.

I used my Sigma 150-500 relatively close up and directed towards the sky. No Polarizer either.

I quite like the way it focused attention on the plant (which is quite small by the way).

interesting, looks like a vignette though. perhaps a filter on the lens and using it at a wide angle? other than that, I got nothing
        Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Working...
        X