Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roo family

saw these peacefully grazing along the top of some creek banks the other weekend.
    the dead ground of the creek let me get quite close. to be honest they didnt seem overly concerned anyhow.

d4 200-500 f5.6 @200mm 1/640 f8 iso 1600 full frame
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Love the trio... They seem to have posed so perfectly.... I never seem to capture anything but terrified joeys or just their feet hanging out the pouch... hilarious that you have both.
    Being picky.. maybee a little less grass at the front.... mostly becaus the photo doesn't fit on my screen.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
    Haven't been there, not done that.
    Jo

Comment

Beautiful Australian scene
      Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Gotta love the legs sticking out of the pouch.

Lovely balance to the image with the dad resting in the background.
        -----------------------------------------------------
        Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

thanks folks. not sure if it really is a family. I like to think it is of course. probably just 3 roos that happen to be there. we saw a few solitary males in other spots so this is more likely mums offspring from a few years back.
          had a bit of success sneaking up or getting closer to roos over the years. you never move straight towards them and certainly not making eye contact. that seems to send them running.
          but I try to move closer on a diagonal so you give the impression of not coming right at them. if cover isnt available, it still works fairly well. I sit or lay on the ground and work closer from a lower position to them. you can interpret the body language they are showing and not move if they not comfortable. works with some birds also. but you need to take the insurance shots as you get closer just in case they spook and go. one time a few years back I managed to get among the mob and sat there. they were laying around etc. totally at ease for some reason.
          my friend who was with me saw me among them and assumed they were tame, so he walked right up to em. last I heard, they were still running. hehehe.
          so give the diagonal approach and no eye contact a go. may well work for you also
          Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Very nice composition with great detail.
            A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

Working...
            X