Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eastern water dragon

with all the rain we been having, I havent been out much. visited the local national park between showers.
    this guy was sunning himself as best as possible. didnt like the 600 being pointed at him and kept running off but not that far.
    eventually he copped a few pix.
    took the full length shot for insurance then moved closer for the head and shoulders.
    when I tried for the portrait was when he had had enough

d4 600f4 1/640 f8 iso 1600. full frame image

d4 600 tc17 (1000mm) f4 1/160 f8 iso 1600. full frame image.
    there was sunlight breaking out every so often creating harsh shadows etc,
    I shot both of these when the sun was behind clouds. (natures big softbox works wonders)
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Quality shots there Stephen, superb detail in the 2nd.
    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Both Brilliant Stephen. I'd say you got your result. Almost like the first better with the tail curling away.
      Sony A7rii
      https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

• avkomp
        avkomp commented
        Editing a comment
        having the tail in is good for lizards except that if you want all the tail you often have them small in the frame cos of it,
        if you can get one with a curled tail, you can get a bit closer. have head bit bigger in the frame etc.

#2 is saying "This is my best side and this is all you're getting - so be quick". Great detail.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

thanks folks. lots of details in an image you not have to crop. was wishing he didnt run off so I could have gotten the portrait, but same as with birds, you get your insurance shots first, just in case
        Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Working...
        X