Views:	25
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	440191

Click image for larger version

Name:	Platy 2 (1 of 1).jpg
Views:	29
Size:	251.1 KB
ID:	440192

Couple of nice shots there Greg. Looks like you had plenty of light ( they always stay in deep shadow at my place )
    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironwood View Post
      Couple of nice shots there Greg. Looks like you had plenty of light ( they always stay in deep shadow at my place )
      They swim mostly in open water in Founder's Lake at the Arboretum (I've posted quite a few shots of it in the past), but you've got to be lucky to be able to get close to them. I've been observing their behaviour for some time now and can usually predict where they're headed. This one has a burrow not far from a little bridge and has to go under to access it. I can sit on the bridge and wait.

Comment

Lucky you to have them at hand
        Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Just fabulous to have these guys on your doorstep. If you just sit and wait for them, next time try a CPL and you should get some nice shots of their little feet! I use one now and then and the reduction of the glare coming off the water is remarkable - lets you see right through. I took a photo of fish in the water at the Whitsundays a long time ago and used my sunglasses in front of the lens to get the same effect.
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• seaslug
            seaslug commented
            Editing a comment
            I've used them quite a bit Isac, but you do have to be at the right angle relative to the sun for them to be effective through water.

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            That would be easy for a pro like you Greg

• seaslug
            seaslug commented
            Editing a comment
            Easy enough if you are well prepared and the Platy's co-operate by showing up just where you want them to. My experience is that Murphy's Law always applies to such planning. If I turn up with CPL fitted and hood removed so that I can adjust it the platypus will either not be there, or I've got the wrong lens on!.. Had no success with sunglasses over large diameter lenses.
            I'll just continue to wing it I don't mind the reflections, if I want underwater I'll go underwater. Thanks for your comments.
        Working...
        X