Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the Lake

Another stroll to the lake. I walked up to Aldi and then spotted an egret on the way home. I rushed (a fastish amble) back with the Canon but it was gone and had been replaced with a White faced Heron.
    #1 - White faced Heron.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	White-Faced-Heron-1.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	440453
    #2 - Sharing a log.

Name:	Sharing-a-Log.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	204.7 KB
ID:	440452
    #3 - Very tall trees here.

Name:	Tree-Framed.jpg
Views:	953
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	440451
    #4 - Still waiting for an ID.

Name:	Tree-ID-1.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	440454
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Looks like you have some nice memories of your day out. Not sure about the yellow/gold in the wattle seems to be overpowered by the blue. The Duck and the shag are interacting. Looks like they are comparing notes on the fish they ate. The tree was used to make the frame, right?
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for looking Hans. What would you do to fix the overpowering blue? Is it a wattle? The frame was made by my b-i-l for a print of the Proud Mary when we did a cruise up the Murray River.

Good bit of variety there!

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Greg. it really is a lovely spot right in suburbia that hosts a good variety of flora and fauna. Not as big as your arboretum but a nice place to veg out and relax.

Name:	image_30552h.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	467.2 KB
ID:	440474
    I brightened the balls a bit with yellow and red after selecting the red channel and using the majic wand. What do you say? I think it made less difference than what I expected.
    Hans

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      You've certainly brightened up the balls Hans but they aren't supposed to be yellow. That tree is not a wattle and the balls are in different stages of development. The colours range from green when they are small to a light brown when fully grown. I have asked various groups for an ID but have not had any joy.

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Will have a look in one of my many books later today and see if I can find a picture.

Name:	image_30552h2.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	661.8 KB
ID:	440488

How about this? Barely touched "your balls". Auto tone then touched up with curve adjust in blue selection. Didn't see the selection fringe till now. reduced the opacity of the new layer to bring back a bit more blue. But I am sure you know more about this than I do.
    Hans

Comment

Keep messing around Hans - it's how we all learn - and that's a good thing. Let me know if you want the original and I will email it to you.
      Thanks for trying to get an ID for the tree. They look amazing with their various balls on display.
      Last edited by Isac; 02-04-2017, 04:31 PM.
      I Shoot A Canon

Comment

I have finally found the name of my "Pom-Pom" tree. Such relief when you have success, even if it's only a tree name.
        It's a Leucaena leucocephala. It's a small fast-growing mimosoid tree native to southern Mexico and northern Central America (Belize and Guatemala), but is now naturalized throughout the tropics. Common names include White Leadtree,
        Lead Tree,
        Jumbay, Jumbie Bean, River Tamarind, Horse Tamarind, Subabul, White Popinac,
        Koa Haole and Ekoa.
        Yippee!!
        I Shoot A Canon

Comment

A wide and varied series of good shots.
          Last edited by eaglem; 03-04-2017, 05:27 PM.
          A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

• Isac
            Isac commented
            Editing a comment
            Cheers eaglem.
        Working...
        X